Apalon, a division of Mosaic Group (an IAC operating business), builds best in class, mobile-first products that make everyday life better. The portfolio includes Webby Award Winner Productive, NOAA Weather Radar Live: Clime, Blossom, Pixomatic, and many more. Apalon’s commitment to creating easy to use applications with unique and personalized content and the latest advanced technology delivers top rated mobile experiences for consumers and businesses around the world.
IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) builds companies. We are guided by curiosity, a questioning of the status quo, and a desire to invent or acquire new products and brands. From the single seed that started as IAC over two decades ago have emerged 10 public companies and generations of exceptional leaders. We will always evolve, but our basic principles of financially-disciplined opportunism will never change. IAC today operates Vimeo, Dotdash and Care.com, among many others, and has majority ownership of ANGI Homeservices, which includes HomeAdvisor, Angie’s List and Handy. The Company is headquartered in New York City and has business operations and satellite offices worldwide.
Reporting to the General Manager, the VP of Product will provide product leadership to the organization, leading and shaping the vision, direction, and roadmaps of Apalon’s applications, as well as providing strategic and operational leadership with respect to leveraging product innovation, technology and distribution to turn our applications into world-class, industry-leading brands and businesses. The Head of Product will lead, coach and grow product management talent across the organization, and play a central role in attracting and hiring top-tier talent. You should have a proven track record of success in the mobile applications space, in building and scaling great, innovative mobile products that have a big impact in the market and delight users, and in leading successful product organizations. We also expect you to have a passion for coaching and developing product talent.
- Lead vision, strategy and execution for Apalon’s products across platforms
- Lead Apalon’s product managers in evolving and growing products through the ideation and implementation of innovative features, with the goal of providing a delightful, useful, unique experience, while increasing engagement, retention and monetization of users
- Evaluate market and competitive landscape to understand opportunities and potential value, and lead ideation, planning and delivery of new products
- Manage, coach and mentor a team of 15-20 Product Managers, act as an inspirational leader enabling them to produce their best work, and providing them with opportunities to level up their skills
- Set and reach high standards for product quality, usability and user satisfaction
- Represent the product organization at the executive level
- Implement processes that improve quality and speed of the development process
- Manage communications with key stakeholders regarding product goals, and measure progress against those goals, including the setting and tracking of product OKRs and roadmaps
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong track record of success in building, managing and scaling world-class products in the mobile applications space
Strong track record of success in building, managing and scaling world-class product teams
- Strong understanding of user retention, engagement and monetization drivers, including experience managing products monetized with in-app transactions and / or subscription
- Proven leadership skills, including the ability to lead, develop and inspire product teams
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to quickly evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Ability to make decisions in ambiguity, and back them up with data and strong reasoning
- Demonstrated ability to drive to consensus, with a preference to work collaboratively
- High attention to detail, including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary to create high-quality products
- Comfortable with taking calculated risks.
- Ability to recognize customers and Industry trends, foresee future opportunities for the products, and build an inspiring product vision
- Ability to understand and communicate, at a high-level, technical concepts related to mobile apps architecture, data & reporting and user experience.
Superior verbal and written communications skills
- At least 10+ years relevant product management experience
- At least 5 years of experience leading and mentoring product managers
- Demonstrated experience with consumer mobile applications
- Demonstrated experience ideating and implementing successful, user-focused, revenue-generating product roadmaps
- Experience with web funnels and applications, a plus
- Health, dental, and vision
- Matching 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Remote flexibility
*We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.