About us 💡
Sideways 6 exists to change the world for the better by bringing ideas to life. We believe that great ideas can come from anywhere and that giving employees a voice is the secret to business success.
Over 4 million employees from the likes of Sainsbury’s, British Airways and Nestlé trust the Sideways 6 approach and we’re on a mission give 50 million people a voice. In 2021, Sideways 6 was named one of the Top 100 Mission-Led Organisations to Work For (read more here) thanks to our people.
We’re really proud of our 5-star reviews on Glassdoor and it’s a testament to the way we treat our employees. They are given lots of responsibility, lots of room to grow and develop and the chance to be part of something pretty special. The ‘Idea Beer’ probably helps too…
The Role Overview 🤝
Working closely with our Product Manager and Engineering team, you will be responsible for working on bringing the feature roadmap to market for our fast growing Microsoft Teams Application. You will be creating amazing user experiences to help employees at some of the biggest companies in the world submit their ideas, collaborate with their colleagues and make their ideas a reality.
You will be participating in customer calls and research sessions, working with our product designers to detail out the user experience and developing user stories like a boss.
You will have the opportunity to own some items on the roadmap for end to end delivery and will own the backlog, prioritising features, improvements and fixes to deliver maximum value to our users.
As well as a deep empathy for users and having the ability to craft great user experiences, you will also be just as comfortable in performing detailed solution analysis, with the ability to analyse dependencies between system features and specify system logic.
You will need to be able to understand the ‘why’ of every feature and be able to consider different needs and priorities in order to effectively prioritise your backlog.
You will work closely with our engineering squads to groom, plan and manage the delivery of features through the development lifecycle.
- Managing the development backlog of user stories
- Conducting user research
- Developing user stories by building out detailed acceptance criteria
- Working with product designers to craft amazing user experiences
- Triaging support requests with our customer support team and managing the investigation process
- Maintaining your product set by implementing fixes and feature enhancements
- Working closely with developers during each sprint to manage the delivery of your features
- Performing and documenting detailed solution analysis
- 3 years operating in a product owner (or similar) role
- Experience working with and leading agile ceremonies i.e. sprint planning
- Experience working with APIs and integrated product set
- Experience working with cross-functional teams from ideation to launch
- Experience writing user stories
- Fluent English (C1) and communication skills
- Scrum Product Owner certification
- Experience managing product backlog for multiple Scrum teams
- Experience with troubleshooting Production issues and coming up with quick solutions and workarounds
What’s on offer 💰
- Flexible working hours
- Generous educational budget to use at your discretion
- Choose your own equipment
- Generous holiday allowance
- Competitive base salary and career progression plan
- Regular social company gatherings
- An annual summer party in the sun
- A stake in a high-growth business
If you only fulfil 75% of the criteria we encourage you to still apply, we are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to building a diverse culture. We are eager to receive applications from all backgrounds and all applicants will receive consideration without discrimination.