Lead Product Designer
We are looking for a Lead Product Designer to elevate the Ometria UI/UX to best in class and build a fresh, inspiring product design culture. Reporting to the VP of Product you will build a creative environment in which our Product Designers will grow and thrive.
We have product-market fit and we’re growing quickly both in the UK and internationally. So this is a great opportunity to not only lead a small team of Product Designers but also be part of an exciting journey as we scale the business.
Who are we?
Ometria is a customer data and marketing platform that helps retailers increase CRM revenue by sending personalized marketing messages throughout the customer journey.
Our solution combines the data unification and customer insight of a CDP with a cross-channel marketing orchestration platform, letting retail marketers easily and efficiently create experiences their customers love across email, mobile, on-site, social, direct mail and more.
We are trusted by the fastest-growing retail brands in the world such as MADE.com, Hotel Chocolat, Pepe Jeans and Feelunique.
We have a team of over 100 Ometrians based in London, New York and Southampton and we have raised £25m from leading venture capital funds across the world such as Octopus Ventures.
What sets us apart?
Ometria’s proven approach to accelerating revenue – our Retail Success Model™ – is a first-of-its-kind data science model for driving CRM growth in retail. It combines four proprietary AI algorithms that analyse a retailer’s CRM performance and deliver a bespoke marketing plan for reaching their revenue goals.
The Product Team
The Product team at Ometria is a blend of product designers, product managers and technical writers that share some core principles:
- We’re here to make an impact. We’re passionate about identifying the metrics that matter and designing solutions that add tangible value
- Our approach is highly user centric and evidence-based. We love speaking to our users and leveraging user data in our decision making.
- We nurture, coach and develop our product people.
- We trust our cross functional teams. That means they’re empowered to understand user problems and work collaboratively to ideate and conceive compelling solutions
Your role will be to deeply understand our users goals and oversee the design of all new front-end features and enhancements. You will manage, support and proactively coach a Product Designer and Senior Product Designer and collaborate with stakeholders across the business to create and implement a set of product design principles for Ometria.
Your day to day will include:
- Lead ideation sessions with stakeholders from the Product, Engineering, Customer Success and Professional Services teams
- Collaborate with a cross functional team of engineers and a product manager to conceive solutions to gnarly customer problems
- Produce low fidelity designs before working closely with a Product Manager and Engineering to refine those designs
Produce prototypes to bring your designs to life. The prototypes will be used both to communicate proposed user flows internally to Engineers and test solutions with users
- Plan and lead structured user testing sessions to validate your overarching solutions as well as the fine detail of the UI/UX
- Review our existing design system and component libraries and conceive a design system strategy for Ometria
- Own a roadmap for the design system
A bit about you:
You have considerable and proven experience in product design (UX and UI) . B2B SaaS experience would be ideal.
You have experience of line managing, coaching and developing product designers
You are demonstrably user centric and have a passion for understanding ‘the why’. You have deep experience executing user research projects to understand user needs and test solutions
You have familiarity with product & interaction analytics tools such us Mixpanel, Heap, Hotjar, Fullstory etc
You leverage data and other evidence whilst problem-solving and making decisions
The amazing people of Ometria are the core of our business. We believe in making it awesome to be here for all Ometrians and place a continued focus on making Ometria an inclusive, respectful and diverse environment.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.