Parsyl is an insurance technology company that delivers data-driven cargo insurance solutions for essential supply chains including vaccines and medicines, perishable foods, and other sensitive goods. Our mission is to end the days of “ship and pray” and build a world where everyone, everywhere can trust the quality of the goods they rely on, from the foods they eat to the medicines they need.
We are working to achieve this by combining smart sensors, data insights, and data-driven insurance to improve risk resiliency and safeguard goods in transit and storage. This unique combination of IoT and insurance means our customers can use data to make supply chains more transparent, safe and sustainable – better for people and the planet.
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, Parsyl led the formation of the Global Health Risk Facility, the world’s dedicated insurance solution for distributing Covid-19 vaccines and other essential health products around the globe.
Where you fit in
Data is at the core of everything we do at Parsyl, as such, you will play a crucial role in helping us achieve our mission. You’ll work with teams across Parsyl to find new and innovative ways to use data to help give our customers peace of mind about the quality of the essential goods throughout their supply chain.
You’ll have the opportunity to define and build data products and infrastructure at a fast-growing with a high impact mission, where the products you build will help ensure vaccines are effective and seafood is safe to eat. You’ll work with leadership across the company to develop the roadmap, prioritize and execute the resulting work, and measure the success of those products on our customers and our business.
You are a good fit for this role if you have experience building data-driven products, a firm grasp on the details behind building and deploying machine learning models and execute well in fast-moving environments. Exposure to or experience in the insurance or supply chain industries is a strong plus.
What you’ll get to work on
- Work with key business stakeholders to define the product vision and strategy for data at Parsyl, working backward from the customer
- Translate the high-level vision into a cohesive, prioritized roadmap and, alongside data science leadership, drive the end-to-end delivery of data products from conception to prototyping, testing, deploying, and impact measurement
- Treat data as a product and think of new and innovative ways that the data can be used by different departments throughout the organization to help us achieve our mission
- Work with other Product Managers to ensure alignment between teams and products
- Coordinate work across the various data-related functions, including Data Engineering, Data Science, and Machine Learning Operations.
- 7+ years of experience in Product Management, with 3+ years relating to data science/machine learning products and infrastructure
- Demonstrated success in working with a cross-functional team to build data science products through the entire machine learning lifecycle
- Experienced in taking highly complex or ambiguous business problems, successfully leading strategic vision setting, and identifying and prioritizing near-term actions
- Effective communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience in hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights
- Ability to balance the development of new product capabilities with scaling integrations across a wide range of internal stakeholder teams
- Working SQL proficiency
- Experience with data analysis, data science and/or software engineering
- Familiarity with data product pipelines, specifically: data engineering, data science, and machine learning operations
It’s a plus if you also have…
- Worked at an early stage and helped to build out the tools and processes for delivering high impact data products in a fast-moving environment
- Experience with perishable goods (eg seafood, pharmaceuticals), supply chain, Global Health, insurance, or IoT
- Hands-on experience as a data scientist or similar prior to moving into Product Management
Qualities We Look For
- Mission — You are highly motivated and inspired by our mission to improve health and save money for people across the globe.
- Grit — You bring determination and a strong will to the challenges and opportunities that come with being at an early stage.
- High Standards — You take pride in your work and are highly accountable.
- Curiosity — You are energized by finding creative solutions to new situations.
- Self-Starter — You are ambitious and take initiative, and thrive in environments with minimal supervision.
- Humility — You approach your work with humility and a willingness to collaborate and learn from those around you in order to produce the best outcome.
Compensation and Benefits
- Market competitive salary with a base compensation range of $110,000 – $160,000, depending on experience and location
- Early-stage stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Monthly wellness and commuter benefit
- Significant career growth opportunities
- Continuing education stipend
- Unlimited vacation
- Relocation assistance available (Denver, CO, Minneapolis, MN candidates or candidates willing to relocate strongly preferred, but remote candidates will be considered)