Savi is a leading financial technology startup based in DC that is working to solve the student debt crisis. Our mission is to help the 46+ million student loan borrowers better understand their debt, find federal forgiveness programs, and enroll. We’re looking for people who have the desire to build meaningful products and the drive to do great work as part of a team. Savi has been featured in the New York Times, TIME, and Inc., and recently the company completed our Series A funding round. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, financial institutions, and the nation’s largest membership groups, who use our platform to help their employees and members better manage their student loans and save money.
In this role, you will work closely with Savi’s Co-Founders to help drive forward Savi’s product roadmap for growth. An exceptional communicator, you will be expected to have a bias to action, data-driven mindset, and high EQ to build relationships across all roles and teams who share ownership over the execution of product. You will expertly manage complex projects and product delivery. This role will need to wear multiple hats including owning product-led insights and contributing to growth initiatives.
- Own the product backlog, including daily tracking of work across releases, research, discovery, design and development (including defect resolution/feature debt) to meet milestones and team goals. This includes:
- Refine product vision into epics and stories, and lead grooming approach that supports continuous delivery
- Manage competing priorities (multiple, varying complexity, and simultaneously)
- Manage projects across business units, including working closely with our client teams and customer support teams to translate needs into product requirements
- Develop product insights and analytics including the organization of and on-going management of requests to support internal and external stakeholders
- Lead cross-functional coordination in support of Product with internal and external stakeholders
- Timebox discovery efforts to support continuous product improvement and the product team from high-level epics to launch
- Contribute to API and technical documentation as needed in collaboration with the engineering, partnerships, and business development teams
- Maintain a strong interest and awareness in market dynamics with awareness of Savi competitors, including consumer debt products, pricing, and packaging
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of product management experience, preferably working with SaaS products, or in partner-centric organizations
- Strong track record of managing high quality product workflows with the ability to deliver product strategies and execute day-to-day product management activities
- Strong organizational skills, including managing timelines and roadmaps, setting priorities, and communicating clearly with both non-technical and technical stakeholders
- Careful and flexible thought on prioritization, tradeoffs, and the user experience
- Experience using data or analytics to inform growth strategies
- Familiarity with common analytics tools such as SQL, Python, Excel, etc.
- Ability to prioritize competing user and business needs, skillfully manage laterally across business units, collaborating with colleagues, and effectively communicate a clear rationale for this prioritization back to affected stakeholders
- A proven ability to turn complex problems into clear and compelling solutions with simple, actionable steps for implementation
Savi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Savi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.