Senior Product Manager – Data
The Business of Fashion is seeking an experienced and talented Product Manager to lead the evolution of BoF’s data platform. With your impressive background in creating data solutions alongside Data Engineers which deliver incredible growth in the form of actionable insight, or tailored solutions for users across websites and apps, you will play a key role in the future success of our business.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology, alongside a talented & driven product/tech team, and make your mark on a fast-growing media business.
Who Are We?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today’s global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry and is an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries. It has been described as “The Economist of Fashion,” “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and “The Industry Bible.”
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including News & Analysis, Careers, and Education, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students, and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. We ensure all applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
What We Need You To Do
The focus of this role is to unlock growth through the evolution of our cutting-edge data platform (Fivetran, Snowplow Analytics, Snowflake, DBT, Looker) to arm our business teams with new data, more sophisticated ways to interrogate it, and smarter ways to orchestrate action upon it. Working alongside a Data Engineer, Data Analyst and our Product Development teams, you will report into our Associate Product Director.
In being successful in this role, you will:
Enable all business teams to leverage data:
– Collaborate with teams across the business (in particular our Analytics Team and Marketing Team) to identify new opportunities for insight or action that will drive growth
– Continuously prioritise initiatives which will deliver the most impact
– Manage communication to ensure stakeholders are well informed about your projects
Collaborate within Product/Tech to deliver solutions at pace:
– Distil initiatives into units of work for Developers and Data Engineers, covering events triggering, ETL and model evolution
– Collaborate across all product streams (we have 4 teams) as a consultant to advise on events implementation, and as QA to ensure this is done well
– Manage the Data backlog for your Data Engineer to evolve ETL and models, and connections into third party platforms via reverse ETL
– Work day-to-day with Data Analysts to coordinate upkeep of existing models and dashboards
– Collaborate with Data Engineers to deliver continuous releases via agile sprints
– Select and maintain relationships with third-party vendors, critiquing new vendors and ensuring we leverage current tools to their fullest potential
Ensure excellence in our solutions and in our process:
– Champion quality, conducting QA across the data pipeline to ensure solutions are robust and the data provided is accurate
– Collaborate closely with Marketing to ensure orchestration of action based on data flows between platform is optimal
– Responsible for the storage and structure of our user data, adhering to all relevant legislation
– Authentication and personal data
– Ensuring GDPR compliance
– Ensure repeatable, sustainable processes
Who You Are
You are a meticulous, technically-focused Product Manager who has experience working with data platforms. You understand the technical pipeline & capabilities required, and can demonstrate growth opportunities you have unlocked through data, specifically. You are also naturally collaborative and relish working alongside colleagues from across the business.
Outside of that, you will have the following skills that will help set you up for success:-
– High SQL proficiency
– Worked with marketing platforms such as Salesforce, ActiveCampaign, Braze or – Hubspot etc.
– Experience with advertising platforms such as Google Ads, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
– Knowledge of BI Tools such as Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
You’ll Know You’re Successful When…
- Our Developers and Data Engineers are evolving our data platform and delivering new data or functionality reliably week after week
- Your work alongside your tech team, in collaboration and coordination with business teams, is delivering growth for BoF in the form of new, actionable insights or targeted messaging or features for users which deliver value
- You are the person our product/tech teams come to first when they need to understand how to build quality solutions which enable us to leverage data to its fullest extent