SwipeClock is a growing Workforce Management software company looking for a talented UX designer with passion for designing mobile and web (SaaS) experiences that delight everyday users. This is a rare opportunity to drive the overall design of new & existing products that will be used daily by hundreds of thousands of people across tens of thousands of small and medium-sized businesses.
What’s the state of UX at your workplace? Do you have time to really get inside your customer’s head and design the simplest solution for real-world problems? How much time is set aside to iterate and test your design before it hits development? Do you help drive the direction of the overall product UX and major new offerings or are you solely focused on isolated updates? If these considerations are important to you, we should talk.
- Own the UX strategy for current & future offerings and work closely with Product Management to ensure UX goals are achieved as part of overall product roadmap execution.
- Assess current offerings & prioritize UI improvements based on needs of target market and UX strategy.
- Translate conceptual ideas and use cases into elegant, intuitive and engaging experiences.
- Validate the design of future capabilities during user interviews & usability tests.
- Continually measure and analyze market feedback (including usage metrics & qualitative feedback) to validate UX direction and determine ways to improve the experience.
- Rapidly iterate on designs (white board sessions, InVision or other tools) to hone in on the simplest approach that resonates with target personas.
- Continually improve persona descriptions that reflect the needs & overall mental model of users.
- Work closely with engineering to ensure design execution meets goals for each release.
- Extensive experience creating story maps, UX flows, and low & high fidelity designs for user experience across web, mobile, and embedded device interfaces.
- Proven leadership to define & execute a UX strategy. Experience collaborating and negotiating with PM & Engineering to ensure UX goals are achieved as part of the product roadmap.
Education / Experience:
- Formal education in visual design, human factors, computer science (UI emphasis), or extensive related experience (& portfolio) – Required
- At least 2 yrs of UX design experience in an Agile Scrum / Lean, fast-paced software company – Required
- Strong awareness of common usability methods & principles – Required
Please provide a link to a portfolio of your best work as part of your resume/cover letter.
This position reports to the Director of Product Management
SwipeClock offers a competitive benefits package including: competitive salary, 401K match, quality health, dental, & vision plan options, gym discounts, ample paid vacation and an exciting place to work with great career growth potential.