Senior Product Manager
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead and manage our core technology products, joining our senior management team. This is a great opportunity for someone with the right experience, personality and attitude.
We work with many of the largest media and online brands globally. Our job board and course board technology is used to unlock the value of clients’ professional online audiences which powers over 500 online brands in newspapers, publishers, associations and pure online classifieds businesses. We have a high-quality client base with examples including The Guardian, Washington Post, Haymarket, Wiley, royal societies through Bonnier and Rossell Group. Our technology is used by clients in 10 languages and 14 countries.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Madgex; we’re growing and expanding and have ambitious targets. We’re looking for someone with demonstrable leadership skills, someone commercially minded, that will naturally galvanise, lead and manage mixed teams to achieve our strategic ambitions, delivering excellent business results.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- You’ll have solid product management experience built over a number of years
- Have experience in managing technology products
- Will understand the technology landscape and show an understanding of the impacts of technological change
- Commercial skills over specific technology skills
- SaaS and B2B technology product experience would be strongly beneficial, but not essential
- A strong understanding of how development teams are organised and operate, especially how this varies between enterprise and start-up environments
- Experience of agile methodologies would be beneficial, but you can show breadth of understanding of the pros and cons of different development approaches
- Experience of building, leading and managing teams spread geographically would be advantageous
Skills and experience essential to have:
- Getting insight, market research, having insight into the market for your product gained from customers, competitive research and analysis
- Developing propositions, generating ideas, producing variants for different market segments & geographies supported by sound business and investment cases
- Commercial models and pricing strategies
- Giving direction, setting strategy for the product and/or portfolio strategy and ongoing roadmaps with good internal and external communication of these
- Managing product lifecycles
- Evangelising products within the business and in marketplaces
- Identifying, leveraging and managing technology or service partnerships that aid product adoption or growth
In terms of general experience;
- You will have a degree and probably an MBA
- You have international experience, possibly having worked in different markets yourself or your products being used in different markets globally
- Languages in addition to English would be beneficial but not essential
- You have probably worked in corporate, SME and possibly start up environments giving you a range of experience in working cultures and approaches
The salary will be up to £85K depending on fit and experience. The role will be based in our Brighton offices.
Our team is hard-working, driven and extremely committed to what we do. We reward that heavily with opportunities for you to develop as well as additional benefits and perks. Madgex is regularly voted into The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and Great Places To Work UK and Europe.
We have offices in Brighton, Toronto, New York and Berlin.
Discover all the benefits and smart perks you’ll enjoy at Madgex right here: https://www.madgex.com/careers/culture