The Janus Firm has been engaged by our client to source candidates for their Product Development Manager position, to be located either in Northbrook, IL or Novi, MI.
As Product Development Manager, the employee will be responsible for gathering information from customers, prospects and partners to define network related products as part of our product portfolio. This will include enhancements to existing products, as well as new hardware and software products.
Product Development Manager Responsibilities:
- Participate in Product Management Team calls and meetings
- Participate in technical customer meetings
- Participate in DCC Program Reviews
- Meet with customers and partners to collect and consolidate product requirements to generate Product Requirements Documents (PRD) and Market Requirements Documents (MRD).
- Gain consensus and obtain approval from management for created PRDs and MRDs.
- Stay up-to-date with new products and feature launches and communicate with Product and Engineering teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related field
- 5 years of network related experience
- Strong interpersonal skills – team player that can interact with business and technical customers to gather requirements
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledgeable in Network security components, such as SSL encryption, security certificates and keys
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and JSON
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel)
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Willingness to travel as necessary for business needs