Orpheus Software is a Maidenhead-based insurance software startup developing full stack solutions for our partners in the insurance industry. Founded it 2014 by the team behind 1Cover, the largest independent Travel insurer in Australia and New Zealand, we set out to build a ground-up solution to keep customers front and centre of the insurance experience, and we used this expertise to launch Hedgehog car insurance in the UK in 2018.
Our cutting-edge insurance platform is built primarily in Java following a multi-tiered service-oriented architecture deployed to AWS. It is an end-to-end solution encompassing online marketing and ecommerce; multi-channel customer service; claims and underwriting workflow; and Business Intelligence. It provides multiple public websites, portals, web services and online line-of-business applications in a High Availability scenario to customers globally, partners in the UK, Australia and New Zealand, and team members in our offices in Cardiff and Sydney.
As a fast-growing, ambitious company, we’re continually evolving and improving what we do. We take user, customer and colleague feedback very seriously and proactively make improvements to journeys by understanding reviews, watching session recordings, reading customer communications and any source of information that helps us to effectively solve issues and create enhancements to our products.
We are looking for a Product Manager with experience in the Insurance industry. This role will allow you to be a significant part in helping us shape the business moving forward.
Your role will be based in Maidenhead or Cardiff and involve:
- Increasing our understanding of customers through good quality user research and validation.
- Market analysis and product fit, with appropriate use of user testing and observation that is designed to produce decisive insights.
- Responsibility for the product roadmap – working with the directors to define product vision and ongoing prioritisation, and communication to the company.
- Management of the work backlog: ensuring documentation, requirements and stories are written adequately and are focused on the user outcome, rather than output, and driven by hypothesis.
- Structuring development to balance risk, cost, and opportunity.
- Work with stakeholders in Underwriting, Pricing, Claims, Customer Service, Marketing and UX teams to: capture and analyse needs and goals, in a thorough and consistent way; distil problem definitions, with cause and effect; estimate expected value, and define success metrics.
- Facilitate collaboration between stakeholders and the engineering team to co-ordinate: solution design; prototyping; fulfilment breakdown and phasing; acceptance criteria, testing and release procedure.
- Management of our many external integrations with partners – through APIs, data exchange, and extranets.
- Ensure that we are defining and measuring relevant key performance indicators, such that information can be extracted from data in an honest and unbiased way, and used for decision making with integrity.
Here’s what we are looking for in candidates for this job:
- Experience of working in the Insurance or Financial industries.
- We need you to be methodical, tenacious and have excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
- Vision to encourage innovation, with the perspective to know when to turn to tried-and-tested solutions.
This role offers:
- A generous 25 days’ holiday allocation plus bank holidays
- Flexible working conditions
- Enrolment into a NEST pension