Position: Product & Marketing Assistant
Salary: Up to £32,000 per annum
Start date: ASAP
An exciting new opportunity is available for a Product & Marketing Assistant to join BMJ Careers, the recruitment advertising offering of the BMJ. This is an ideal position for someone who is looking to build on their experience in digital marketing while also getting exposure to product management.
You will be supporting the delivery of a multi-channel marketing strategy combining PPC, paid social, display, email and organic social, working closely with agencies and the wider marketing team to deliver projects and drive performance through a data-driven approach. In addition, you will work with the Product Manager to deliver improvements to our job board product and measure our effectiveness in delivering conversions.
You will join a friendly and supportive team, who work collaboratively to continuously deliver improvements to the outcomes of product, marketing and data initiatives. BMJ Careers operate a remote-first approach to working and you will be trusted to identify where you are able to complete your work most effectively. The official office location for the role will be at BMA House in London, and the role holder will be expected to travel there at their own expense for a minimum of one day per month to meet with the wider department.
– Assist the Senior Performance Marketing Manager & Senior – Marketing Executive in delivering the BMJ Careers marketing strategy.
– Support in the management of external agency resource to deliver performance marketing objectives relating to PPC, paid social and display.
– Collaborate effectively with the Marketing team to analyse performance and drive brand awareness.
– Plan and execute B2B / B2C marketing campaigns and programs across email and organic social channels to enhance user engagement and conversion rates.
– Manage and optimise CRM lifecycle marketing and performance.
– Maintain and update sales and marketing collateral.
– Contribute to the development of sophisticated campaign and audience targeting strategies combined with setting KPIs & establishing country level benchmarks & targets.
– Update manual marketing reporting and suggest improvements to reporting efficiency
– Assist the Product Manager in delivering the BMJ product strategy
– Coordinate technical product requests tickets with our product partner, including requests for changes and resolution of product issues.
– Become a subject matter expert on product processes and user journeys, and provide support to job board users, customers and BMJ employees relating to this.
– Support change management through ensuring new product processes and user journeys are effectively communicated and well supported.
– Update manual product reporting and suggest improvements to reporting efficiency
Qualifications / experience
– Proven experience in performance marketing, ideally across PPC, Paid Social and Display.
– Previous experience of analysing paid advertising effectiveness.
– Experience in using Google, Facebook, and Ads Manager.
– Experience in using PowerPoint and Excel, G-Suite desirable.
Skills / competencies
– A strong self starter.
– Excellent analytical skills and good with numbers.
– Excellent organisational skills.
– A creative and detail-oriented person.
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
– Comfortable with a “test, learn & iterate” approach.
Why should you apply?
BMJ is a global healthcare knowledge provider with a vision for a healthier world. We share knowledge and expertise to improve healthcare outcomes.
You may know us as the publisher of one of the world’s most cited general medical journals, The BMJ. We also publish over 70 specialty journals, many of which are the most influential titles in their field.
We also offer digital professional development courses and clinical decision support tools to help medical institutions and clinicians tackle today’s most critical healthcare challenges.
Evidence underpins everything we do – it’s what makes us one of the world’s most trusted knowledge providers. And the figures speak for themselves. More than 50 million users from over 150 countries access our websites every year.
BMJ is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the British Medical Association (BMA), with nearly 500 employees worldwide. Our head office is located within the Grade II listed BMA House in Euston, London, with more offices in China, India, North America, and Wales.
At BMJ we take equal opportunities very seriously, diversity and inclusion are more than just words, they are an organisational priority. We are building a culture where everyone feels able to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We encourage applications from under-represented groups and we are a Disability Confident Committed employer.
You will be able to join any of our employee-led networks focusing on: Gender, Cultural Diversity, Sexual Orientation, Mental Health and Well-being, Parents and Carers and Age.
We offer flexible work arrangements to all our employees.
Those who come to work with us are assured of a rewarding career in an increasingly global company. In return, we offer a great place to work with a wide range of benefits, including:
– Twenty-five days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, a BMA Day the opportunity to gain more holiday entitlement through long service employment
– Additional days’ leave for moving house, volunteering or getting married
– Onsite gym, fitness classes and subsidised canteen and cafeteria
– Double matching employer pension contribution, up to 12%
– Multiple discounts [from major stores] through MyReward employee benefits platform.
– Season ticket loan, gym membership and cycle to work scheme
– Seven x salary life assurance cover
– Regular social events, diversity and inclusion groups, and charity fundraising initiatives to get involved in