We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead the conceptualization, design, development, and release of our new features and products. In this role, you will ensure that our dedicated, talented team builds tools that seamlessly fit into the workflow of classrooms worldwide. We currently have one dedicated PM, three designers, and one user researcher; we’re seeking someone to take on a meaningful role on our growing product team.
This could be a good fit for you if you’re passionate about disrupting education in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You’ll have competitive compensation and fantastic benefits. More importantly, you’ll be doing work that really matters, and every feature you manage will directly affect how kids all over the world learn to write.
- You have experience as a Product Manager at a company build web-based software; experience in education is a plus.
- You’re organized and detail-oriented; you can build a comprehensive spec and confidently answer questions from engineers during implementation.
- You’re a quick learner, you like asking questions, and you know how to juggle priorities.
- You’re decisive and can communicate clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing.
- You can empathize with our users and collaborate with Design, QA, and Engineering to ensure that features meet user needs; you’re a tactful and practiced user interviewer.
As a product manager, you will…
- Build detailed specifications of new products and features, and break down large projects into specific, actionable tasks.
- Gather information about teacher and student needs and behaviors through data collection and regular user interviews, leveraging this information to guide prioritization and strategy discussions.
- Manage projects through their full life cycle and work closely with our Engineering, Design, and QA teams to ensure that specifications, deadlines, and quantitative goals are met.
- Build systems to make our product development process more efficient and scalable.
- Lead project retros with cross-disciplinary teams to ensure that we’re growing and capturing learnings.