Virgin Media are on a mission to become the most recommended brand by our customers. At the heart of this strategy is digital innovation and our significant data resources.
As a data product owner, you will be responsible for owning a data product that fuels customers experiences and business outcomes. You’ll ensure high value; high opportunity data products are effectively managed and maintained. You will support in setting the tone and direction on what a particular product needs to achieve and what to prioritise. You will be the link between business and our data science capability working on product build and continuous iteration.
So that’s what we’re after, but what makes us special?
The telecommunications industry in its current form is pretty uninspiring. But we’re fixated on mixing that up. Our aim is to leave the pack far behind, by delivering some of those once-in-a-lifetime, rocket-to-the-stars ideas that turn the industry and customer expectations on their heads.
And why do we do it? Well, we make no secret of the fact, we want to become the most recommended brand, by our people and our customers. A massive part of that journey is about how we ensure that our forward-thinking people have a working environment in which they can truly belong and thrive. For us, it’s critical that every single person can bring, and be, their whole selves at work, and we’re working hard every day to achieve this.
Tell me more, tell me more…
You’ll be supporting in looking for opportunities for automation and value creation using data, as well as work with different stakeholders to understand their needs, problems, and opportunities with a methodological approach. You’ll have a strong passion for doing things right for our different business stakeholders, setting the direction to create advanced AI solutions and designing strategies that help to create an ecosystem of algorithms behind our data driven digital ambitions.
The must haves:
- Experience working in digital product or data, in various industries, with a focus on using data to drive great customers experiences and business outcomes
- An innovative and creative problem solver, with the ability to apply analytical rigour and problem-solving skills
- Technically competent to influence and understand the solution approach and help data scientists in building relevant data products
Other stuff we’re looking for:
- Super communication skills with validated ability to influence and guide our internal customers in the use of data products to support their business objectives.
- Understanding of machine learning, data analytics, artificial intelligence (AI)
- Understanding in some of the key platforms (e.g. Google Cloud)
- Understanding of Agile and experience working in an agile setup
- Outstanding intellectual ability, able to process and synthesise information
- A knack for knowing what users/customers want
- Collaborative and effective, a team player that gets the importance of culture