Vix is a leading provider for RTPI, particularly in the UK, and this role is key to ensuring that status is maintained.
You will drive the detailed definition and specification of the RTPI products including software and hardware. Specifically, this will involve defining and managing the development of business requirements, specifications and acceptance criteria throughout the product development.
The Real Time Passenger Information (RTPI) Product Manager will lead a strategic review of the RTPI portfolio of hardware and software solutions.
This will encompass buy/build/partnership and product lifecycle leading subsequently to business case development and ultimately execution. The outcome of the exercise will be a refresh product portfolio which will support defined market needs for the next 3 to 5 years.
The role will be expected to maintain and prioritise the product backlog for development. This role will ensure quick turnaround of questions raised by development and testing to ensure the product delivers to your specification and ultimately the business objectives of our customers.
INTERFACE AND COLLABORATION
For our back-office software, this will involve working closely with the relevant software development teams.
Where Vix provides elements of our hardware internally this will mean working closely with in house design and development teams.
This role will also work closely with the supply chain to ensure timely and cost-effective procurement against these specifications where suppliers are involved.
The role will work with solutions architects to ensure the product can be delivered within Vix solution architecture. You will also work closely with the Solutions team, Account Management and various subject matter experts (SME’s) to ensure the business case for the products that you are specifying.
- Define RTPI portfolio strategy and develop portfolio.
- Product lifecycle management
- Product pricing
- Define RTPI business requirements
- Prioritising RTPI backlog
- Driving and liaising with product design and development teams – internal and external
- Acting as point of acceptance for developments
- Liaising with suppliers on hardware including influencing their roadmap to align to Vix strategy development of RTPI propositions to support sales.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- First degree in Engineering/Science/Computer Science related discipline
- 5 + years Previous experience in Product Management, including Experience in Business case development and proposals to CXO level and requirements management
- Knowledge of agile software development
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritise work
Ideally, you will also have some of the following:
- Relevant payment or security training or qualifications
- Product management or product ownership qualification
- Understanding of product proposition development
- Transit standards and technology
- Device and SaaS product management