We’re looking for 3 digital product managers to join the pack at tails.com and transform the world of pet food for dogs and cats across the UK and Europe.
Imagine a world where what you feed your pet is as carefully optimised as the recommendation engine for what to watch next on Netflix. Well that world exists – we’re creating it right now.
Join Product Management at tails.com, and you’ll be right in the midst of the action – working with people across the company to create product experiences that delight our customers. No one does what we do in the direct-to-consumer space, so it’s your chance to really make your mark. As a company, we’re small enough that everything you do has an impact, and we’re big enough for that impact to be meaningful for thousands of cats, dogs and humans.
We work in highly collaborative cross-functional squads, bringing together engineers, designers, researchers, data analysts and whoever else we need to get the work done. We’re curious. We juggle many things at once. We balance a customer mindset with a commercial one, always looking for results. To really thrive here you’ll be open to feedback, eager to learn, and quick to adapt.
We take product management seriously and we’re building a great environment for PMs to join and do their best work. Our Product leadership team has a wealth of experience from across the digital space including eBay, Skype, The Guardian, BBC News Online, Zoopla, FutureLearn and Gov UK.
Sound like a team you want to join? Here’s how you’ll make a difference…
The things you’ll do
- Co-create and own the product roadmap with a cross-functional team including user experience design and research, engineering, food and operations, proposition and range, marketing, CRM, finance, and customer teams;
Use Agile methodologies to deliver new capabilities and compelling digital experiences that address customer needs and market opportunities;
- Be responsible – with cross-functional partners – for the definition and delivery of both the customer outcomes and commercial metrics using OKRs and other frameworks;
- Identify and articulate the internal and external customers’ needs in order to inform the product experience opportunities (including talking directly with customers);
- Seek, generate and action insights about our customers and their behaviour to quickly learn what works and why, and deliver value for pet owners sooner;
- Be an active member of the Product Management team by helping drive continuous improvement in the team’s skills and practice (we’re big fans of Marty Cagan and Teresa Torres).
The skills you’ll bring
We’re looking for individuals with:
- Digital product management experience working hands on with cross-functional squads of engineers, designers and analysts to define and deliver a product strategy and vision
- A commercial and customer focused mindset that incorporates strategic thinking and quant/qual insight to balance quick wins and bigger, more impactful pieces of work
- A fast-paced test and learn approach to product management, with a bias to action delivering what matters iteratively not waiting for “perfect”
- Experience with different types of discovery techniques and experimentation (e.g. AB testing, customer prototypes, continuous discovery)
- Proven experience in Agile and Lean methodologies
Enthusiasm for working collaboratively within a cross-functional team – able to unite a diverse group of people around a shared goal and deliver results through others
We’re looking for three digital product managers to join the pack in either a permanent or 12 month fixed-term contract position:
Republic of Cats – End-to-end ownership of the digital journey (acquisition, conversion, retention, factory fulfilment tech) for our new cat brand and scaling our proposition across the UK and beyond. This is a key position in our small standalone Republic of Cats team and would be ideal for an entrepreneurial PM who couples a customer-centric mindset with a data focus.
Owner – Onboarding dog owners and transforming their tails.com trial into a long-standing and trusted relationship that meets owner and dog needs, and boosts lifetime value. Responsible for the digital experience that allows customers to manage all aspects of their dog’s nutrition, orders and delivery, to help people keep their pooches happy and healthy. This role would best fit a PM who loves finding opportunities in quant/qual data and putting those insights into action, fast.
Shopping – Finding new ways to trade our rapidly growing range across all international markets for tails.com (on and offsite). Evolving the services that enable effective trading via segmentation, discounts, pricing and communication. This is an opportunity to set the standard for an outstanding shopping experience and we’d especially like to hear from candidates with a solid background in ecommerce or CRM.
If this sounds like it matches your experience and what you’d love to do, we can’t wait to hear from you! If you’re unsure whether you fit our criteria exactly, please get in touch anyway. And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
There is no closing date for these roles. We normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
Here’s a taster of how our recruitment process works:
- Application screening
- Phone call with our Head of Product Management to better understand your experience
- Interview with 2-3 of the Product Management team to explore your approach to product management using a real example from your own experience (we don’t expect you to spend more than 2h preparing your example)
- Meet the team – interviews with i) our Engineering team, ii) the Food team, and iii) Product Leadership, plus a chance to find out more about the PMs at tails.com
All interviews are currently being held remotely via Google Hangouts.
We’re tails.com, a pet food subscription company with a big difference. We create truly tailored food for each and every pet we serve. We start by asking people a few simple questions – then we use that information to make sure they get exactly the nutrition their dog or cat needs, in the taste they love, delivered to their door every month. It’s clever stuff.
We’ve got ambitious plans. Having created an entirely new category in pet food, we’re now scaling fast in the UK and Europe – backed by Purina, one of the world’s largest pet food companies. You’ll join a bunch of smart people working towards the same goals – and a bunch of smart-ish dogs and cats, all working on their own thing.
Together, we’ll change the world of pet food for good.
We’re proud to be an active equal opportunity employer.
We want to give everyone a fair chance to join us in changing the world of pet food for good. We do this by conducting a structured recruitment process for all candidates, as well as actively promoting our roles to communities that are under-represented at tails.com.
During your interview process you’ll meet some of our team with varying levels of responsibility and experience. We want to give every candidate a fair interview process and if you need any reasonable adjustments made, please let us know.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll get a competitive salary, reviewed annually.
We’re proud to be on a high growth trajectory and offer the chance to work in an environment and with a team that will constantly challenge, support and develop you.
You’ll start on 25 days of holiday which will increase in the time you’re with us. On top of this, we offer optional unpaid leave and a paid volunteer day each year.
For expectant parents, we have extended maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption pay.
We have shed loads of other great benefits, visit our careers page for more info.