We’re looking for a talented Product Manager with a passion for creating engaging and impactful products.
You’ll be responsible for turning complex problems into solutions for our customers. This will include big picture thinking and building out full feature sets from start to finish.
You’ll be working in an experienced Product team with well-defined Agile processes, reporting to the Chief Product Officer and working closely with the Tech team. You’ll also have interactions with other senior stakeholders within the business.
What you will do
1. Manage feature builds
Gather requirements from key stakeholders – customers, prospects and internal
Research, including market research and data analysis
Gather customer feedback and data
Liaise with a Product Designer to create clear and engaging designs
Work closely with our Tech team to provide clear, detailed briefs
Ensure features are delivered on time and to spec
Conduct follow up research and analysis on the impact
2. Commercial impact
Drive Engagement: create features our customers love so they engage with the system on a weekly basis (Weekly Active Users is our North Star Metric)
Create “Evangelists” by contributing to creating an engaging and valuable product
Competitive advantage: Brief features that provide market differentiation so that we win over our competitors
3. Strategy and process
Clear communication: work with internal Learn Amp teams on product feedback, delivery timescales and software releases
A point of contact for product decisions in the business
These are how success will be measured in the first few months. If these projects excite you— please apply!
- Help to deliver clear briefs for new social features including message feeds and more
- Kick-off our app design project
- Be the Product representative for a tech ‘squad’ to ensure that product is built correctly
We know that some people are less likely to apply unless they meet all the requirements. If you meet some of these requirements and are keen to develop in other areas, please still apply!
You’re a Product Manager with a passion for creating great products.
You’ll have 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager or similar role. Ideally, in a B2B SaaS company (HR/L&D/edTech space a bonus!)
Your strengths include problem-solving and design thinking, and you’re familiar with concepts such as Agile and Sprints. Tech-savvy and driven by feedback from data and people, you enjoy making a positive impact.
You have a proactive attitude, desire to learn new skills and collaborate with others. Above all, you’re happy to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in—a fast-paced, start-up environment excites you. Things change daily so you’re adaptable and enjoy frequent feedback.
- Critical and creative mind—enjoy problem-solving and continuous improvement
- Prioritisation and multi-tasking—perform well under pressure
Solution-oriented – By deeply understanding the problem you can come up with several suggestions for solutions
- Empathetic and customer-focused—learn from our customers through research, testing and data; have them in mind when making product decisions
- Curious about Product—opinions on what makes good or bad product design and development
- Clear and confident communicator —explain your product decisions clearly
- Testing and prototyping—identify the right solution with ease and test to ensure it’s right
- Salary: £50,000 — £60,000 dependent on prior experience
- Hybrid and flexible working
- £250 budget to get your office equipment (excluding laptop)
- Employee options scheme after 12 months
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
- Regular events in our office space, plus our learning lunches and socials (when COVID permits!)
- Workplace pension
- 25 days paid holiday, including an Office Reset between Boxing Day and New Year with the option to buy up to 5 additional days annual leave
- Commitment to your ongoing learning and development— it’s in our DNA!
- Values driven culture: we’re open, honest, value feedback and promote an equitable culture