Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 87 million registered learners as of June 30, 2021.
Coursera partners with over 200 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including Guided Projects, courses, Specializations, certificates, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in many high-demand fields, including data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
As Senior Product Manager of Mobile, you’ll own the vision, strategy and execution for both the growth and core learner experience on Coursera’s mobile apps. The core learner experience is what millions of learners across the world use each day when learning on Coursera.
The features that this role is responsible for include course navigation, video and readings, coaching & guidance, discussion forums, internationalization and localization, accessibility and more. This role has a direct impact on core business metrics such as learner activation and retention and also is central to the company’s mission to transform people’s lives at scale.
At Coursera, the Product Management team’s charter is to envision, curate, and build a learning platform experience that delights our global network of learners, instructors, and university partners. You’ll have a direct impact on millions of people around the world and help shape the future of higher education.
You will build scalable learning experiences that shape the future of higher education. You’ll work with Courserians from engineering, data science, design, and pedagogy, to name a few as well as with instructors and researchers at partner universities. Your efforts will enable a thriving community of learners to transform their lives, help each other and contribute to the learning experience in meaningful ways.
- Own the mobile growth funnel and learner experience – drive material improvements in key mobile product and business metrics (downloads, enrollments, monthly active learners, completions)
- Collaborate with our 3 business lines (Consumer, Degrees and Enterprise) to build out mobile functionality needed to improve product market fit; align external customers and internal stakeholders on priorities and roadmap
- Advance the boundaries of mobile learning to build a best-in-class mobile learner experience
- Work cross functionally with user research, design, data science and engineering to understand learner needs, behaviors & problems, define requirements, design solutions and execute
- Ship impactful product features on time and in scope through solid execution and making smart tradeoffs in a highly collaborative and cross-functional environment
- Ensure successful product launches with go-to-market activities and post-launch analysis to inform future product direction
- 5+ years as product manager for best-in-class consumer mobile experiences (native apps preferred)
- Owned end-to-end creation of a mobile strategy & execution that led to step change in business growth
- Experienced at hypothesizing, testing and exploiting product-market fit opportunities
- Demonstrated mobile growth experience driving app store traffic, download, acquisition and activation metrics
- Experience at running a continuous A/B test process culture and iterating on key metrics
- Shipped major app releases or key app functionality that significantly moved core engagement or business metrics (eg. DAU/MAU, mobile revenue, retention, LTV, etc)
- Prior domain experience in education, online learning, instructional design or similar fields
- Experience in building products powered by data or machine learning
- Demonstrated experience in using behavioral science / behavioral economics to positively influence user actions at scale
- Experienced at new product introduction / go to market activities
- Experienced with user needs discovery and design sprints
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.