Meet The Guru
Resource Guru is a market-leading product used by smart organisations around the world to master their team’s time. Customers include NASA, Ikea, Publicis, Accenture, Red Hat, KPMG, Pirelli, M&C Saatchi, VMware, Ogilvy, PwC, Virgin Media and the NHS. They all trust Resource Guru to handle one of their most precious assets – their people’s time.
We are a small, remote team with employees in the UK and Europe. This means you would be free to work from anywhere with a good internet connection and a 4 hour time overlap with GMT business hours. We live in Slack, have daily video standups and meet up occasionally to work together and celebrate achievements. We’re a friendly team and like to think of ourselves as a family 🙂 See if this is the right place for you.
This is a great opportunity to be our first dedicated Product Manager. In close collaboration with the founders and wider team, you will help shape our product strategy and vision. With your help, we will blow our growth targets out of the water while delivering a product that customers love.
What You’ll Be Doing
– Make critical decisions about our roadmap and our product strategy. You’ll define what a winning product looks like and have a huge impact on our direction as a business.
– Prioritise the roadmap and communicate short- and mid-term plans to the entire team to ensure everyone knows the game plan.
– Collaborate closely with designers, engineers and the wider team to deliver features that customers love. You will direct development activities. Your presence and actions will result in faster, more efficient delivery.
– Become the company’s leading authority on what our customers really want.
– Evolve our existing product management processes (groom and prioritise the backlog, create well-written stories for new features, help to manage work that’s in flight, unblock designers and engineers etc etc).
– Help develop the product marketing strategy and drive communications through to new and existing customers; increasing engagement.
– Keep an eye on competitors to ensure that we are always ahead of the game.
– Ensure that we have a great product analytics stack in place.
– Set up, monitor and manage KPIs and goals.
– Help with hiring other Product Managers and Designers.
– Help to maintain our quality standards, and uphold brand and design values.
– You will be the linchpin between UX, engineering and the business.
What We’re Looking For
– You have extensive experience as a Product Manager in the software industry. Ideally, there will be some industry leading, recognizable company names on your CV.
– You’re an entrepreneur at heart and able to balance business needs with the needs of our customers.
– You’re an expert at engaging with customers, revealing their pain points and gathering insightful feedback.
– You have extensive experience of dealing with ambiguity, complexity and expertly managing trade-offs.
– You’re an expert at prioritising features that are going to have the biggest impact.
– You’re ambitious, innovative and love delighting customers.
– You can make a good case for your proposals and defend them if challenged. You know when to make concessions and never let ego get in the way of doing what’s best for customers and the business.
– You will understand the importance of making data-driven decisions and combine them with your own entrepreneurial judgements and exceptional clarity of thought.
– You will have an outstanding ability to process and synthesise information. You’re capable of revealing surprising insights and coming up with innovative solutions.
– You have strong leadership skills and are great at rallying the team to deliver your ideas.
– You will have the ability to conduct robust and reliable research.
You’re a highly discerning person with a good eye for what makes a great UX.
– You know how to set up, monitor and analyse product metrics and engagement using modern techniques.
– You will have experience of breaking features down into MVPs to deliver maximum customer value in the shortest possible time frame.
– You’re great at anticipating problems and solving them before they impact the team.
– A great salary (negotiable)
– Stock options
– Work from anywhere you like (with at least 4 hrs overlap with – GMT business hours) – coworking space will be provided if necessary
– 33 days paid holiday per year (including any public holidays). In addition, birthday day off and house move day off
– Flexible hours
– Monthly health & wellbeing contribution
– Pension contribution
– Work for one of the UK’s most successful startups