The purpose of the senior Product Owner is to motivate change across our ‘Digital Sales’ Product team, building a digital product roadmap to maximise return on investment, taking a lead role across basket, checkout and payment initiatives. This includes finding opportunities, creating business cases and working with colleagues across several markets, UX and Agile development teams to lead its strategy & delivery. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to drive real change in the transformation of our Digital experience & technology.
What you will enjoy doing to be successful in this role
- Setting product vision, strategy and roadmap to drive extraordinary customer experience and revenue growth across the ‘Sales’ domain with focus on the product page & browse experience.
- Delivering the mobile first responsive product strategy to align our desktop and mobile codebases in line with our Business and Technology Strategy Destination 2025
Optimise initiatives and iterative agile releases that deliver new product developments to drive customer experience (improving our CSAT) and conversion through to checkout.
- To do this the successful candidate will use multiple insights from external benchmarking, strategic direction, analytics (Adobe) and customer onsite feedback (Foresee).
Researching, benchmarking and creation of both annual and quarterly product roadmaps, producing clear hypothesis and benefits cases for initiatives and socialising these across the global business up to VP/C-level.
- Driving performance metrics, such as Sales, Conversion, CTR, CSAT and site performance, including handling initiatives within the backlog to reduce tech debt and maintain class-leading site speed.
- Managing relationships and drive collaboration with UX Research and Design, SEO, Analytics, Engineering, Marketing Content, and leadership team using a x-functional approach to stakeholder management.
- Leading partner communications including product plan, prioritisation decision, rationale for changes, features, benefits and the impact of each change on customer experience and product performance.
- Managing stakeholder demand for onsite changes, ensuring well-crafted hypothesis with clear measurements of success to prioritise delivery and return on investment.
What you will bring to this role
- Significant experience in developing strategy and roadmap through using data and research to inspire change
Significant experience of value delivery through a feature roadmap, as well as the ability to articulate clearly how value will be realised.
- Experience of leading multiple projects/programmes of work simultaneously
- Demonstrated delivery of conversion increases through optimisation and feature delivery
- Passion for developing outstanding and unique customer experiences, with the willingness to challenge the status quo and understand current technology limitations
- Determination to work within current constraints, offering constructive builds on process improvements to facilitate and drive our Digital Transformation.
- Extensive eCommerce experience with online product development
- An executor who is proactive at reaching business goals through effective collaboration and ability to identify and lead the Agile team to manage issues, risk and expectation, with minimal supervision
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience in a dynamic scaled Agile environment
- Ability to use data as a differentiator, making conversations objective rather than subjective
The good stuff
A global organisation of optimists and specialists with big ambitions for the future. You can take control of your future here at RS. We offer all the benefits you’d expect to receive in a multifaceted global business:
- Up to 15% Bonus
- 27 days holiday (with the option to purchase a further week)
- EAP Programme
- Virtual GP access
- Discounted stock options
- Generous contributory Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Life assurance
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. With our virtual working model, this role is classified as a hybrid role with a few days/ week in the office. However, if you would prefer a role to be remotely based, please come speak to us, and we would happily consider.
Grow in our learning and inclusive culture and be rewarded for your success. Whoever you are, whatever you do and wherever you are; it all starts here! Are you ready to explore the possibilities?
We are RS
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where people thrive. We understand that a diverse and representative workforce is critical to our success, and our aim is to create a business where people can be their best selves. Our employees expect this as a matter of course and it is fundamental to how we attract, develop, and hold on to the best talent.
We recruit and develop employees who are the best suited to the requirements of the job role, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We believe everyone should be able to bring their true self to work and be given the opportunities to succeed, find out more here. If you require any adjustments during this process to ensure you can bring your true self, please let us know.
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we’re our customers’ one-stop-shop for electronic products and industrial components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937, and we’ve kept transforming for over 80 years. Today, we’re using digital globally to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.
We’re proud of what we’ve done, but we’re not sitting back. We’re always looking to make the customer experience simpler, faster and easier. We’re redefining markets and the use of technology. We’ve widened our services portfolio with innovations from procurement and inventory solutions to 24/7 product support.
We’ve been on an incredible journey, but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?