At EngageCraft we work with sports federations, media companies and sponsors to deliver innovative digital fan engagement solutions. We have been trusted by UEFA, FIFA, Bundesliga, ATP, PGA European Tour, Major League Soccer, Televisa Deportes and many other clients all over the world.
Our services range from developing gaming solutions to innovative tools and social platforms for sports fans.
Our goal is to make sport more interactive, shareable and fun for the fans, whilst delivering great engagement and insight that can help our clients to activate sponsorships, grow revenues and gain a deeper understanding of their users.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a Product Owner to work with Federations and Media Owners to develop our gaming products.
2-3 years experience of Product management ideally in Sports Gaming across a suite of products e.g., fantasy, predictor, and/or betting experience:
● Working across B2B and B2C products and platforms where you have understood user behaviors, scoped potential solutions and delivered features that make a difference
● Using data to inform prioritization decisions
● Working with cross-functional teams to deliver fantasy, predictor, and/or betting experience features and products that enhance user experiences
● Interacting with internal and external stakeholders
● Collaborating with UX designer to understand customers and stakeholders and understand behaviors
● Owning and managing a backlog; continuously understanding company and user priorities to ensure that future sprints and backlogs are always ready as well as owning a short-term roadmap for MVPs and feature releases
● Engaging frequently with development teams; facilitating discussions, providing clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contribute to design activities and decisions
● Working within agile operating methodologies related to the execution of development sprints or Kanban processes
You will have
● Analytical and problem-solving skills
● Attention to detail
● Communication, presentation and leadership skills
● Good listening skills, curiosity
● Proficiency in English – writing and speaking (C1), other languages – advantage
● An entrepreneurial attitude and proven ability to innovate
As a Product Owner, you will:
● Manage and be embedded within a cross functional team of backend and frontend developers as well as a UX designer
● Use data to inform decisions and drive roadmap decisions
● Collaborate with stakeholders during the visioning and concept development of a product.
● Work with external customers and the internal management team to analyze their needs and align product roadmaps to strategic goals
● Own the product roadmap
● Develop the scope and define backlog items (epics/features/user stories) that guide the Agile software development team
● Solve product-related problems, make decisions, complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments.
● Be accountable for the created product(s), delivering in the product model and communicating the product needs with business partners.
● Assess value and prioritize team workload to ensure work focuses on those with a maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
● Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation.
● Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally and as the primary contact for queries related to the product.
● Develop appropriately detailed specifications for the product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams
● Be a leader of the team
● Represent team in front of stakeholders and clients
● Monitor competitors and be proactive in increasing understanding of agile practices, new technologies opportunities, trends, and innovations
Location: UK-based. London / South East, commutable to London and/or Brighton office
Remuneration – depending on experience £40-45K per annum
What we offer:
● Work within an
o exciting digital sports environment for some of the biggest sport federations Internationally (Football, Tennis, Golf etc.)
o an ambitious, fast-growing business and professional team which will support and challenge you at the same time
● Opportunity to fast track your career only matched by your ambitions
● Personal development and training – mentored by an experienced management team
● Ability to develop, learn and to test new ideas and innovations
● Flexibility on working hours and location
● Opportunity to travel
● Competitive salary, benefits, and performance led pay and bonus structure