We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe’s largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital) and by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including [Maximilian Tayenthal](https://www.linkedin.com/in/ACoAAA5D6LAB1cJ1GBRZ8whwsc6ZI78kDf1Ulx0), founder of N26, and [Felix Haas](https://www.linkedin.com/in/ACoAAAAAH8AB8C9RXofd6q-Ux6PSMs23ahwpU8U), founder of IDnow).
We’re based in Berlin but would consider hiring remotely for this role. If you do want to move to Berlin though, we’re happy to support your relocation.
At Upvest, our vision is to make investing as easy as spending money. By enabling any business to offer investment opportunities, our goal is to empower anyone to invest. Today, we count 50+ talented people from 20 different countries.
Join as member #5 of our early-product team, and work along with [Til Rochow](https://www.linkedin.com/in/tilrochow/) (CPO) and [Mislav Ilich](https://www.linkedin.com/in/mislav-ilich-8a8066153/) (Product Lead) in building our greenfield Investment API. You’ll learn how to build a fintech API-first product, how to empower an engineering squad to reach its full potential, and you’ll have the opportunity to shape the strategy & roadmap for Upvest’s current or future products.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
– Expand your technical product management skills (by facilitate rituals, manage the backlog and refine product input to our dual-track agile process)
– Work cross-functionally with Upvest’s teams (engineering, growth, compliance, and legal), and external stakeholders (key vendors and clients)
– Learn inside-out the European fintech product landscape, by performing product research, with a customer-first, data-informed approach
– Learn how a banking API-first product gets built
– Join a fast-paced and dynamic product-first startup environment
– You’re excited about fintech, and get thrilled to build a new financial infrastructure
– You’re driven to grow quickly & become a great fintech PM
– You speak English fluently (with German & Programming as two strong plus)
– You’re willing to relocate to Germany (ideally in our amazing Berlin-based office)
– We’re working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest. You have the opportunity to contribute to this change.
– We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, development budget and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
– We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we also hire decent people who are passionate about their craft and helping up achieve our shared mission).
– While we’re not quite fully-remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer as we understand you don’t have to be in the office to do your best work.
– We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way) and openness (there’s a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
– We ensure we take time to have fun as a team. We’re looking forward to having more time in-person again once this becomes possible again.
– Learn and grow: We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback. Everything is a learning opportunity. Progression > Perfection.
– Team first. We make it easy for others. We value different views, disagree, and commit. We win and celebrate together!
– Own the outcome. We are proactive and finish the job until it is done. Happy clients > Sales. We take breaks when needed.
– Tell the story. We always start with the ‘why’. Outcome > Process. We share knowledge to empower others.