Junior Product Manager
ingenie is an award-winning insurance brand for young drivers and learner drivers. As well as our car insurance products, we offer a whole range of guidance and support for new drivers and parents too. By rewarding young drivers with discounts for good driving, our aim is to help them stay safe on the road, (which helps Mum and Dad sleep at night) but also to make insurance more affordable. Check us out: www.ingenie.com
We’re a progressive company based in Leatherhead with a great team of people working for us across marketing, development, customer services, operations and finance. Our work culture is a friendly and relaxed one – you won’t find any suits here – but we work hard as we know we’re part of a competitive market. Innovation and growth are a big focus for us over the coming year.
To support the Trading Director and Product Manager in existing and new product development initiatives.
What you’ll be doing
· Working on new, customer-focused features for the app, website and other digital products. Evaluating opportunities and determining what gets built and delivered to customers:
– coming up with ideas
– validating them with customers
– building business cases
– prioritizing features
– working with dev teams to get them made
– monitoring their performance
· Conversion rate optimization – owning the CRO tools we currently use and looking for opportunities to improve our CRO process
· Reviewing some of our product offerings to maximise revenue – presenting a business case for new products and adapting or retiring existing ones
· Supporting the Product Manager on new products
· Gaining deep knowledge of our customers, the market, our business and the data we use to support decisions
· Leading a shift from post-build validation to pre-build validation – using customer/user feedback to help test and validate features before they are built, working with the Head of Mobile, the Product Manager and others to facilitate this shift
· Implementing and owning product metrics across existing products
· Owning some of the existing products – being the expert everyone goes to when they have a question, being responsible for work carried out on them and being accountable for their success
Who we’re looking for
· Entrepreneurial – you’ll be keen to get stuck into improving our products in any way you can
· Autonomous – you’ll need to be able to work independently (whilst asking for help and guidance when needed, of course!)
· Great communicator – this is key. You’ll need to be able to convince stakeholders that the products you are championing are worthy of building. It all comes down to how well you communicate this!
· Someone who is smart, creative and persistent – you’ll need to be curious, quick to learn, have an ability to think outside the box and capable of pushing stakeholders way beyond their comfort zone with compelling evidence and constant communication
· Someone who wants to break into Product Management – you don’t need years of product experience, just a passion for product and a drive to progress in the industry. Evidence of any courses you’ve participated in, any books you’ve read and any previous working experience of product would be advantageous but not required.
What we’re offering in return
· Training, mentoring and support as you continue your career
· Professional development sponsorship
· 25 days annual leave, on top of the usual bank holidays
· Vitality Private Health Insurance
· Vitality Private Life Assurance
· Access to a Pension, with employer contributions
· Discretionary Company bonus scheme
· Access to discounted gym membership
· Car parking on site
· A help-yourself kitchen that’s kept well-stocked with fresh fruit and snacks as well as hot/cold drinks
· Regular Pizza Fridays – just because
Our head office is bright, airy and surrounded by stunning grounds. With the River Mole running alongside you’ll find all sorts of wildlife joining you on your lunchtime stroll or picnic. Leatherhead’s town centre is just a 10-minute walk away and has a good choice of cafés, restaurants and shops to grab a bite to eat.
We also have a team of Social Genies who organise activities for us, from summer BBQs and quizzes to competitive egg and spoon races.
At the moment, due to Covid we are working remotely. Going forward we can offer a level of flexibility between home and office working – but as with most businesses this is a work in progress.