We are look for a talented Senior Product Owner to help us with our continued growth. As a Senior Product Owner for Discover you will lead 4 product teams across bid automation, email delivery, email platform and landing pages. The package is good, as is the opportunity to join a high growth and global internet business and a fast maturing product organisation. Come and join us and have a huge impact!
Rentalcars.com is the world’s largest online car hire booking service – arranging over 8.5 million rentals a year in more than 50,000 locations worldwide. We employ over 1,700 people from 70 countries across 2 sites in Manchester city centre. Our mission is empowering people to do and discover more and our business and market sector is growing rapidly.
As a part of Priceline Group we are a member of the world’s leading and most valuable travel group. Other group companies include: Booking.com the world’s leading online hotel reservations agency, Priceline.com, Kayak, Agoda and OpenTable.
Priceline is the third largest e-commerce company in the world (behind Amazon and Alibaba). In 2015, Priceline was one of Fortunes “most admired companies” for the third year in a row, behind only Alphabet (Google), Facebook and Amazon in the tech space.
About the role
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Product Owner within the discover group who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment and lives to delight the customer.
You will be responsible for delivering product excellence and innovation across multiple product teams. This is growing product and significant product group looking after email marketing, a communications platform which is in house, landing pages and SEO. It’s particularly interesting as it touches on every part of the business and the products within this area are revenue generating. I will try to give you an understanding of scale, potential and growth of this group. We have over 7.5 million customers, 11 million page views a day, and send out 12 million emails a week. We have doubled bookings in circa 3.yrs and email has grown 25% year on year. As for potential as a business we only have 3% of the global market so lots to go after.
You will report directly into the Chief Product Officer and Chief Marketing Officer (members of the board). As part of a fast growing tech company, high performers can expect extensive opportunities for progression and development.
To successfully deliver change in a fast paced working environment you will need to:
- Develop a deep understanding of the current and future customer needs across all areas of the business – and how those needs interact with your product portfolio
- Work with the Chief Product Office and other senior stakeholders to define the overall strategy and direction for your product portfolio
- Build, lead and coach a team of Product Owners
- Work with senior architects, heads of development, delivery and operations to design and deliver products and services to delight our customers
- Be accountable for the end-to-end delivery of products within your portfolio
- Work with product teams, coaches and engineering to drive continuous efficiency improvements
- Communicate with key stakeholders to keep them up to date and bought into the product development process
- Have 5+ years’ experience as a product owner or senior product owner, ideally in an ecommerce or travel related field
- Have a proven track record of delivering successful, user-oriented products
- Have a background in Communication systems
- Have Experience in SendGrid or other ESP’s/MTA’s
- Be marketing and commercially focussed
- Be able to define and communicate product vision or strategy to others
- Be commercially aware and have a strategic mind, able to identify business opportunities and deliver against them
- Have great organisational skills, able to manage and deliver multiple products and projects simultaneously
- Be highly analytical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate with the business at all levels
- Understand what an exceptional user experience entails and how to deliver it whilst balancing against other competing priorities
- Be a highly motivated self-starter with a flexible, can-do attitude
- Have experience of driving product development through all phases of the product lifecycle