A bit about us:
Here at Relay, our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. With Relay, business owners can open a bank account in minutes, issue corporate cards in seconds and automate their bookkeeping – giving them better cashflow visibility.
Joining Relay, means an opportunity to make a huge impact building solutions with the potential to reach 29 million small businesses across North America. If you thrive on growth and playing to win, we want to hear from you!
With the announcement of our latest funding round, Relay is entering an exciting new chapter. We’re looking for a Product Manager to play a key part in building not only product development but also the product team at Relay.
This is a unique opportunity for someone who likes building and shipping products that customers love, and implementing internal tools that help teams do their best work. Reporting into the Head of Product, you will work closely with Engineering, Design and other multidisciplinary teams to drive impact for our customers.
How you can make an impact in your first six months:
- Contribute to the planning, development, and launch of new initiatives
- Take ownership of goals and their achievement, report on metrics and understand challenges and opportunities
- Clearly define and prioritize these challenges and opportunities to work efficiently
- Facilitate a strong product discovery process around understanding users, partners and stakeholder needs constantly validating hypotheses
- Collaborate across other teams and disciplines (e.g. Engineering,
- Operations/Compliance and Customer Support) to build a roadmap that enables product growth while reducing inefficiencies
- Elevate the Product Management practice at Relay, building an inclusive and supportive team culture
- Work in a fast-paced environment that is quickly changing, but highly responsive to customer needs and the changing landscape of fintech
How you can make an impact right away:
- 2+ years of experience honed in product management or in a comparable role
- You’re adaptable and can thrive in ambiguity, not daunted when the path seems unclear
- You enjoy building processes, evaluation and finding new ways to implement and iterate on solutions with your business partners in engineering and design
- You have calibrated product instincts and deep empathy for our users and removing blockers
- You have thoughtful communications skills, with experience managing a variety of stakeholders
- You are deeply data-driven and/or have an analytical mindset-you break down complex problems into manageable tasks and can develop a systematic and rigorous approach to problem solving
Nice to have:
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Business, or UX Design or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in Finance or FinTech
If you join us, you will have:
- The opportunity to help shape Relay’s Product function from the ground up
- Personal and professional growth. We care about getting better everyday and leveling up. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity
- An outstanding work environment that is passionate about getting stuff done, collaboration, learning and having fun
- Comprehensive benefits and a health spending account (HSA)
- A competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Considerable vacation
- End of year holiday shutdown
- Hybrid working environment
*Please be advised that candidates will be required to complete a brief writing sample for this role and complete a Background Check.*
What’s important to us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
We look forward to hearing from you!