Fasthosts is one of the leading technology businesses in the UK, offering fantastic careers in the Web Hosting and Cloud industry.
We design, build and operate full stack technology platforms within our wholly owned data centres across Europe and the USA and we deliver these platforms at massive scale to serve both the Fasthosts business and the broader 1&1 IONOS hosting group.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
We are looking for a Product Manager for Servers (Cloud Servers, Dedicated Servers and VPS) to be responsible for the commercial performance of Fasthosts Server products and supporting solutions/services.
As Product Manager you will be responsible for driving business performance and product strategy across a portfolio of server products. You will lead delivery of initiatives for Fasthosts bringing together insight/research, completing analysis and developing go to market activities. You will be a key driver for the successful growth of the Fasthosts server business.
Working as part of the wider product team, this position required technical expertise of Servers and the ability to communicate and coordinate, and work closely with the business at all levels. To Achieve this we are looking for you to have extensive Product Management experience ideally within the Internet, technology or software industries, and demonstrate strong commercial acumen and good leadership skills.
* Gain valuable insight from Market research, Customer/Sales feedback and competitor research
* Provide valuable Product analysis of market, pricing and promotions
* Introduce new commercial revenue streams as part of the Fasthosts server portfolio
* Work closely with Development and Product Owners on the formation of Product Roadmap and Portfolio strategy
* Drive and support the rest of the business to ensure the success of Fasthosts server products. In particular working closely with areas that are key to the commercial success of the business such as Sales teams and Marketing areas
* Work closely and own the commercial relationship with key 3rd party suppliers.
* Work with customer support and customer retentions to ensure product adoption and minimise customer churn
* Support the achievement of Customer Satisfaction and Net Promoter Score targets
WHAT EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Product Manager with a technical bias to enhance your experience and apply your existing knowledge in a dynamic and forward thinking organisation.
Essential skills and experience:
* Previous experience in a Product Management role
* Strong technical knowledge (Infrastructure, Software, hosted applications)
* Clear understanding and knowledge of product life cycles
* A strategic thinker that can relate customer insights and technology solutions to customer use cases
* Strong planning and analysing capabilities
* Experience of managing new product launches
* Ability to coordinate multiple tasks
* High levels of commercial acumen.
* A proven ability to work off own initiative
* Strong commercial drive, sound business judgement, proven ability to influence others
* Collaborative by nature you understand the importance of working with the business including Sales & Marketing Teams to drive Go to Market activities
* Excellent communication skills, able to work with internal & external customers, suppliers and stakeholders
* Previous experience of working internationally with multiple stakeholders in a matrix environment
* Experience and knowledge of web hosting / cloud industry
* Knowledge of service and software development
* Previous Product Marketing experience
ANYTHING ELSE TO KNOW?
In addition to a supporting and collaborative work environment, we acknowledge that there is more to work than, well work! We offer a comprehensive benefits package to support your health, mental wellbeing and work/life balance. We also encourage individual growth and development with tailored development plans to grow your personal and professional development within the company.
Benefits include (but by no means limited to):
27 days annual leave + bank holidays
Flexible working arrangements
Contributory pension scheme
Private healthcare and Life assurance
Employee assistance programmes
Cycle to work scheme
Free parking close to our offices in a vibrant city centre location
Free soft drinks, fruit and excellent coffee available in our multiple break rooms.
And of course the fun stuff! When you spend so much time with your colleagues we want to make sure you have the benefit of social events, summer and Christmas parties, fitness groups, running teams, and many more.
Put in your application now for consideration and don’t hesitate to reach out if you want to learn more.
If your application is suitable a member of the recruitment team will reach out to you for an initial call and let you know what to expect next.
We are looking forward to hearing from you
As an equal opportunities employer, Fasthosts is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Fasthosts.