European Distribution is a department that focuses on expanding Vanguards professional investor client base across Europe and the UK. The department consists of Sales teams based throughout UK & Europe, Sales Support& Enablement, Distributor Management, Client Services and Transfer Agency Oversight crew. This role is an opportunity for a crew member to get a broad understanding of our clients, our products and the challenges experienced by client facing crew.
We are looking for a product owner who excels at customer centric product design whilst meeting the demand of a regulated industry and execute against ambitious goals. You will be part of the UK & European Distribution team collaborating with internal and external stakeholders solving customer problems in a metric driven environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Keeps up to date with the industry, technologies, competitors and Vanguard products, policies, and corporate strategy to define and communicate the product vision, OKRs and roadmap.
· Leads the cross functional team from tech, design and business to deliver the product backlog to continually deliver business value, meet regulatory demand and enhanced client experience.
· Collaborate and engages with Sales, Client Services, Sales Enablement, and Distribution management crew to find opportunities and develop the product backlog
· Manages dependencies with various internal shared services such as PMO, OGC, PRD, Marketing & GIDM.
· Writes the user stories, prioritizes the product backlog based on business value
· Conducts and participates in agile ceremonies
· Understands and has knowledge of how technology systems work and deliver business value
· Understands the role user experience design and its principles
· Understands the rules relating to handling retail and professional investor queries including Treating Customers Fairly (TCF).
· Understands and contributes to Vanguard’s approach to risk management and the frameworks used.
· Experience as a product manager in distribution or shared service roles.
· Passion to challenge status quo and finding new solutions
· Experience working in an agile environment
· Strong collaborator
· Ability to influence and network at all levels of the organisation
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong problem solver with an analytic mindset
· Experience with Jira and Confluence
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Inclusion at Vanguard
Vanguard’s continued dedication to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
A note on flexible working in the longer term – we have transitioned to a work from home model for many of our crew and continue to interview, hire, and on-board future crew remotely. We’ve learned that we can serve clients well, maintain our productivity, and continue to deliver on our strategic goals while most of our crew work remotely. These learnings help reinforce that we will work differently in the future, and we are committed to providing more flexibility than in the past.
As we develop the path forward, we will take a thoughtful approach that both maximizes the advantages of working remotely and the many benefits of coming together and collaborating in a shared workspace. We believe that in-person interactions among our crew are important for preserving our unique culture and advantageous for the personal development of our crew. Given that we expect a balance of remote and on-campus work for most roles, we encourage you to make the decision regarding your job interview and offer knowing that you will be working with your fellow crew members at one of Vanguard’s offices on a regular basis when we re-open. We will provide more details on our evolving approach to flexibility as soon as possible.