Candid is redefining oral health by using modern technology to help deliver human-focused care. With a commitment to creating the best outcomes, Candid inspires confidence and promotes wellbeing. We believe that high-quality orthodontics should be affordable and accessible, and we’re pioneering an innovative approach to diagnosing, treating, and monitoring cases remotely. Our team is a group of startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, BCG, Airbnb, Blackstone, and Clover Health.
At Candid, we’re building a best-in-class consumer healthcare brand that’s increasing access to affordable orthodontic treatment. We’re in an exciting period of growth and looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the Design team to help us deliver patient-focused digital experiences across all our products and channels.
We’re looking for an experienced product designer with an understanding of how great products get shipped in a fast-moving environment. You’ll be responsible for understanding the needs and desires of our patients, and work within the business and engineering constraints to design great experiences for them. You’ll work cross-functionally to collect requirements, deliver solutions, and follow up on results. You will report directly to our Creative Director in our NY headquarters.
What You’ll Do
- Craft – You’ll be expected to both integrate our brand principles into your work and to help refine our shared design language.
- Collaboration – You’ll work with product managers, engineers, marketing, and support to ship great digital experiences.
- Systems Thinking – You’ll help to enforce UI consistency and predictability across our digital experiences. You’ll be expected to help maintain and grow our in-house design system.
- Follow up – Product designers at Candid are expected to continuously learn and refine their understanding of our patients and our business. You’ll work with the product and data teams to follow up on the impact of your design decisions.
- Culture – The Candid environment is fun and dynamic. It’s likely you’ll be asked to take something on that you’ve never done before, or that doesn’t feel comfortable. You’ll be expected to show up with a collaborative attitude and have an open mind about what’s possible.
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of work experience in product design or similar roles
- A body of work that clearly articulates your process and involvement, not just final design work.
- Experience in modern UI practices, with an emphasis on system-focused thinking.
- Ability to be objective about your work and knowing that sometimes (most times) just because something looks good, it doesn’t mean it is good. You’ll also need to be comfortable opening yourself up to feedback from your colleagues.
- A high degree of comfort with iterative design practices to ship optimal versions of product improvements over time.
- Demonstrable experience collaborating with product managers, engineers, and other designers.
Pay & Perks
- Competitive compensation and equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to work – right off the R & W line, and a short walk from the B, D, F, M, N, Q, 1, and 6 trains
- Commuter benefits
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning
We continuously strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Additionally, this organization participates in E-Verify.