About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to play a pivotal role in building our business in Germany! As a founding member of our Germany team, you will play a key role in creating something great together and be a part of a global team helping local economies grow. We’re looking for people with deep market knowledge and excellent working relationships in Germany who are inspired to bring their vision, passion and skills to make an impact in our community. Join us in our global mission to empower and grow local economies.
About the Role
This product leader will be head of product for DoorDash’s plan to enter Germany and create a best-in-class experience for all marketplace participants and local communities.
You’ll work among star engineers, designers, and operators in a fast-growing environment. You will talk with participants across our three-sided marketplace around the world to understand their unique needs. The role demands a mix of entrepreneurship, cross-company collaboration, and well-honed product judgment.
Given the three-sided nature of our business, this leader will not have the luxury of having tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, you will need to think holistically and understand the business deeply to set the right long term strategy for how to win the market.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be the product lead in our new Berlin product & engineering hub
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering, design, operations, marketing, local markets. You’ll drive product definition, strategy, and long term vision for how to win in Germany, both by adapting existing DoorDash products and building new products and businesses.
- Identify the biggest problems to solve. Drive new feature development from start to finish
- Run user research, usability studies, data-driven experiments to inform product direction
- Establish, monitor, and measure success metrics after launch. Consistently integrate behavior data and customer feedback into key product decisions.
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences – within teams, company, to users, press etc.
- Help hire, coach, and lead a team of exceptional product managers and engineers based in Berlin
We’re excited about you because…
- Natural ability to make stuff happen around you through influence. You handle chaos, ambiguity and complexity, in a detailed, organized way
- “Spidey-sense” product instincts and an ability to balance user and business impact
- Launched and scaled a product both from 0 to 1 and 1 to a million.
- Experience building an operationally-intensive product
- Clear, concise, and thorough written and oral communication skills
- Experience analyzing and using data to inform decisions
- Product management, engineering or marketing experience
- Experience starting/scaling a successful startup from the ground up is a plus
- Strong interest in logistics, online-to-offline, on-demand services, transportation, marketplaces
- Fluent in German and English
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for all participants in our three-sided marketplace
- We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission is to empower local economies. Our team members move quickly and are always learning in order to support all participants in our three-sided marketplace and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users across the marketplace.
We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.