About the Role
This product manager will be key for DoorDash’s plan in Canada and create a best-in-class experience for all marketplace audiences and local communities.
You’ll work among star engineers, designers, and operators in a fast-growing environment. You will talk with consumers, Dashers, and Merchants in Canada to identify their unique needs and develop a vision, strategy, and roadmap to win the market. Whether it’s improving our logistics and delivery quality, adding more merchants to the platform, or launching businesses and categories for consumers, you will determine what is the fastest way to accelerate growth to win the market.
The role demands a mix of entrepreneurship, cross-company collaboration, and well-honed product judgment. Given the three-sided nature of our business, this person will not have the luxury of having tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, you will need to think holistically and understand the business deeply to set the right long term strategy for how to win the market.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be a founding member of DoorDash’s Toronto product & engineering team
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering, design, operations, marketing, local markets. You’ll drive product definition, strategy, and long term vision for how to win in Canada, both by adapting existing DoorDash products and building new products and businesses.
- Identify the biggest problems to solve. Drive new feature development from start to finish
- Run user research, usability studies, data-driven experiments to inform product direction
- Establish, monitor, and measure success metrics after launch.
- Consistently integrate behaviour data and customer feedback into key product decisions.
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences – within teams, company, to users, press etc.
- Help hire, coach, and lead a team of exceptional product managers and engineers based in Canada
We’re excited about you because…
- Natural ability to make stuff happen around you through influence.
- You handle chaos, ambiguity and complexity, in a detailed, organised way
- “Spidey-sense” product instincts and an ability to balance user and business impact
- Launched and scaled a product both from 0 to 1 and 1 to a million.
- Experience building an operationally-intensive product
- Clear, concise, and thorough written and oral communication skills
- Experience analysing and using data to inform decisions
- Product management, engineering or marketing experience
- Experience starting/scaling a successful startup from the ground up is a plus
- Strong interest in logistics, online-to-offline, on-demand services, transportation, marketplaces
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do — on every project, every day.
- We are learning – We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.