Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
We are looking for a Product Manager with 3-5 years of product management/product owner experience with repeated and demonstrated competence for identifying, developing, and launching new products to market. This position will lead the continued expansion of Bandwidth’s Emergency Services products.
A successful candidate will be able to determine competitive positioning for features and pricing; define, prioritize, and drive product development as the Product Owner (PO) for a scrum development team; and coordinate go-to-market requirements
What You’ll Do
1. Create clear detailed requirements to lead Emergency Services product development. Have proven written communication skills needed to write clear stories; define acceptance criteria at sufficient detail for development; and refine, collect and maintain reports on KPIs tied to product success and backlog investments.
2. Gather information from customers, working with UX other product owners, sales engineering, product leadership, operations to refine and advance Emergency Services products to ensure sales goals, customer experience goals and customer business needs are met or exceeded.
3. Source new ideas for features and improvements based on market requirements, existing ideas and internal and external customer input. Create and maintain a clear, organized backlog of prioritized feature work for development, product leadership, and stakeholders to understand business value.
4. Develop subject matter expertise in portfolio products in order to communicate product requirements and objectives clearly among immediate product team members within the development, marketing, sales and operations
5. Develop and maintain deep relationships with customers to be able to gain valuable access to them for ideas and validating designs.
6. Partner with our UX team to clearly define customer personas, use cases and create clarity around their needs.
7. Test our products and be able to train our internal teams on their use and best practices as you launch new products. Be able to write detailed FAQs and How-To guides for internal training.
8. Create and contribute content to product internal strategy and give team-level presentations.
What You’ll Need
3-5 years of product management experience, preferably in cloud or software platform industries.
Repeated and demonstrated competence for identifying, developing, and launching new products to market.
Experience working in an Agile environment as a scrum product owner (PO).
Experience with product financials, including analyzing and setting product pricing; determining discount structures; margin analysis.
Experience with establishing and coordinating go-to-market requirements for new product launches.
Demonstrated experience with determining competitive landscape and providing competitive product positioning.
Proven ability to balance an existing portfolio and deliver new products in high-visibility, fast-paced, high-growth environments.
Strong understanding of product specification, business case development, industry, and competitive analysis with a passion for learning new technology.
Action and results oriented, able to communicate strategies and tactics, able to identify and mitigate obstacles.
Experience launching cloud-based software products in an agile environment, particularly in the communications industry
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and ability to multitask
Critical thinker and solution-oriented problem solver
A fearless, never-settle attitude that will challenge the way we do things, and a refusal to accept the status quo; making us even better than we are today
Broad experience with software design and development technologies and methodologies
Commitment to personal development and balance; extracting a sense of achievement, enjoyment, pride, and fulfillment from every business day
Experience: 3-5 years experience as a product manager and/or product owner
Knowledge: Knowledge of Agile, APIs, AWS, and cloud platform services. Experience in international Emergency Services.
Skills: Certified Scrum Product Owner