The Game Marketing Teams at Wooga live, eat, sleep, and breath our games and players. We work with the game development teams to create deep experiences for our existing players, and constantly explore exciting, innovative ways to bring our products to new players around the world.
Imperative to the success of our games is a compelling brand that speaks to our audience achieved through a well-executed marketing strategy. As a member of the product marketing team, you will be trusted with ensuring our games have the greatest chance at success in today’s market. Working closely together with our game teams you will leverage marketing expertise across a number of channels to ensure we are delivering high quality and growing our game.
What you will be doing:
- Planning, tracking, and executing campaigns, assets, market testing and other programs
- You will work closely with Product Marketing Managers you will learn from them and partner to ensure the team has all information and tools they need and confirm contingency plans are in place.
- Establish cross-team communication tools and process (including with outsourcers)
- Serve as the primary customer care escalation point
- As a member of the team focus on growing and retaining our player base.
What you bring:
- You have a Bachelors in Economics or Marketing or similarly relevant degree or work experience
- You have proven marketing experience, including with digital marketing content production
- You have professional experience writing copy
- SaaS marketing support experience (esp. games/apps) is a strong plus
- Agency experience a plus
- Experience with video and static digital asset production is a strong plus
Skills you will be using:
- Project management skills, particularly in campaign design and execution
- Audience focus and to make sure our products reflect this. You must be able to drive audience research, insights, and empathy. You will need to not only understand what our demographic group is, but be able to understand and communicate to stakeholders a detailed analysis of their behaviour and psychological needs.
- Business analysis skills, including with spreadsheets and SQL. We would love to see examples of past analyses, especially around campaign performance and correlation to business KPI
- User-level knowledge of SaaS game/app economies — professional experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Paid Performance advertising systems for new player acquisition and re-engagement
- Deep working knowledge of community content programming methodologies for at least one (preferably several) large-scale social networks, most importantly – Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest
- Proven ability to relate non paid-performance (“brand” and “media”) marketing execution to business performance in a meaningful and clear way
- Working knowledge of localization and culturalization challenges of marketing and operation of globally-accessible SaaS businesses (and how to overcome them)