OpenTable is a beloved consumer brand and one of the world’s most successful hyperlocal marketplaces. We connect tens of thousands of restaurants with hundreds of millions of diners every year, facilitating billions of dollars in sales.
The Restaurant Product Team is dedicated to empowering restaurants to provide great dining experiences. We do this by building industry-leading hospitality solutions that help restaurants, around the globe, run and grow their business. As part of the Product Management team, you’ll help restaurants achieve this goal by providing the solutions they need to manage their restaurant.
We are seeking a Product Manager to set the direction and roadmap as part of the Restaurant Operations team. The Restaurant Operations team provides restaurant owners and operators with a powerful, easy to use operational product to run a streamlined service and deliver personalized hospitality. You’ll work closely with restaurants, cross disciplinary team members, and executive stakeholders to set the vision, build, and deliver intuitive and seamless solutions that power restaurants’ success.
You’re high-energy and enthusiastic about working with teams and delivering great products. You’re experienced in launching successful business-facing products and iterating on them. You are motivated and focused on results, working across multiple teams to align on goals and drive impact. You bring experience in product discovery, and a data and customer-centric approach that will push our product direction forward. You successfully manage trade-offs between technical debt and new features. You’re eager to learn from failures – not just from successes.
You’re fun, and motivated to work on a fast-paced team and share a passion for building great products that customers love.
- Drive the vision and roadmap through deep understanding of our customer and business objectives
- Lead the identification of user problems, technical development, and launch of innovative products
- Align and communicate with cross company stakeholders and executives on strategic initiatives
- Iterate app and web experiences to increase engagement and satisfaction, partnering with engineers and product designers
- Slice and dice data and contextualize it towards rapid growth
- Maintain and prioritize the product backlog
- Partner with UX and Engineering partners on discovery and development tracks
- Constantly assess customer needs, technology trends, and major competitors
- 3+ years in a product management role and work experience
- Exceptional collaboration skills; ability to gain the respect of your product, design, engineering, and product marketing counterparts
- Experience negotiating with executive and cross company stakeholders
- Delivered clear and concise communications across all levels
- Data-centricity; a deep curiosity of metrics, the ability to identify the right metrics and track and report back on impact
- Creativity; you will have lots of fresh ideas and be hungry to test them and see the results
- Experience shipping and managing full stack products and solutions
- Experience with agile processes and lean methodology
- Understanding of user experience design principles
Ideal Candidates Have
- Worked on a successful hyperlocal or global marketplace
- Worked closely with sales teams, partnering with customers and translating feedback
- Recorded product videos or demoed their work to large audiences
- Any restaurant or hospitality experience or a passion for food is a plus
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), powers reservations for the hospitality industry. OpenTable’s software seats more than 1 billion people per year and helps more than 60,000 restaurants, bars, wineries and other venues attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK’s portfolio of metasearch brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.