Yoto is an interactive audio platform that’s changing the way children listen to audio. Our award-winning Yoto Player lets kids explore hundreds of audiobooks, albums, podcasts, educational content, soundscapes and more without a screen.
The Yoto App lets parents retain a level of control over their content library, Player features and more.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Product Manager to take on ownership and operational responsibility for Yoto OS – our custom built embedded software powering the Yoto Player.
• drive the product roadmap and priorities
• clearly define product requirements for the development team
• identify relevant metrics to understand user behaviour and how to measure the success of product changes
• lead the customer communication of new releases and roadmap as well collating customer feedback
• be on top of the competitive landscape and latest technologies, generating new ideas and identifying opportunities
• collaborate with UX to research design and test product enhancements
• work with the leadership team to align product roadmap with company goals
• help build up a great product team at Yoto
• multiple years of experience as a Product Manager of at least one successful consumer product, ideally related to IoT/audio/children tech
• experience working with development teams in an agile environment
• leadership skills – ability to set product vision, excite and lead a cross-functional team
• ability to distill different customer and user needs and desires
• constant urge to simplify things and question status quo
• technical proficiency – good understanding of how IoT products and related technologies work behind the scenes
• passion for what you’re doing – the mind of a 5 year old 🙂
What we offer:
• Competitive salary (based on experience)
• Equity (EMI share options)
• 25 days holidays
• Workplace pension
• Exciting ride in a fast-growth start-up
The role is based in our London King’s Cross office and whilst this is not a remote only position we offer flexible working hours or remote working where possible and appropriate.
Many of the team are parents and we truly understand that life and work need to work together.
We launched the first Yoto Player on Kickstarter in November 2017, reaching our funding target after just 5 days, and receiving a Red Dot Design award in the process. The product shipped for Christmas 2018 and received a great response from customers.
We relaunched Yoto Player in early 2020 having worked with leading design agency, Pentagram, on the redesign of the product and the Yoto brand. Since then, and despite certain major world events, we have doubled (and sometimes tripled) MoM revenue, we’ve launched UK, EU, US and Australian websites, won multiple awards including TIME’s Best Invention 2020, and have enjoyed a tonne of good press and reviews from customers around the world.
Our content partners include Roald Dahl Story Company, Penguin Random House, Hachette, Macmillan, Harper Collins, Sony Music, Naxos, Storynory and more. Luke Kelly, grandson of Roald Dahl and MD of the Roald Dahl Story Company, is on our board, and we are well-funded – backed by leading investors and run by experienced entrepreneurs.
As of mid-2021, we have a fast-growing London-based team (mostly remote working) with a US office. We have recently announced partnerships with Disney and LEGO DUPLO and have a pipeline of new products and original content to roll out. We’re excited to build a tight-knit marketing and creative team to help make Yoto the next great brand in family technology