PBJ is a boutique digital product studio, designing and building products with founders and brands that solve problems. We’re an army of senior strategists, designers, and engineers, who act as an extension of our client’s team and operate as true thought partners. The other arm of our company is building disruptive products of our own through a venture studio.
Competitive salary. Eligible for participation in Studio Venture Program.
At PBJ, Product Managers lead every aspect of the product development lifecycle and work closely with all stakeholders from ideation to execution. You will sit at the intersection of business, technology, and user experience, ensuring we’re always solving the right problem and paving the way for our team to perform their best work.
The ideal candidate is a great collaborator with both strategic and technical chops to oversee a product’s lifecycle while keeping the needs of the user top of mind. Qualified candidates should be comfortable working in an agile environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide strategic product direction for our design and engineering team
- Own the end-to-end product development process, including: concepting and strategy, design, development, QA, and post-launch growth
- Organize roadmaps and estimates, assessing product features from a creative, business, and technological viewpoint throughout the design and development phase
- Own sprint planning, estimation and retrospective ceremonies
- Contribute to team growth, engagement, and external technical collaboration
- Act as a mentor for less experienced members of the Product team
- Escalate blocking issues when necessary and work to find a pragmatic solution
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
Experience working on a team and collaborating in an agile environment
- Closely involved in the launch of at least two major features or consumer or b2b applications
- Ability to understand deeply technical systems and communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Possesses working knowledge of iOS, Android and web capabilities to the extent that most questions can be answered without consulting a developer
- Experience managing integrations with third-party systems (CMS, analytics, etc.)
- Comfortable wireframing in Figma/Sketch
- Experience with project management tools such as JIRA
- Working knowledge of SQL and DataStudio a plus