When was the last time you were planning a business trip and really tried to save your company money? If your company allowed you to stay in a fancy hotel, would you ever volunteer to stay at an Airbnb or at a friend’s house? How about flying coach instead of business class? The vast majority of employees optimize for comfort and convenience, spending at the high end of their company policy limits, because, well, why not? So how can a company get its employees to care about expenses without implementing draconian policies, creating friction and frustrating employees? How can a company motivate its employees to save?
The answer is Rocketrip. We’re a NYC-based startup that rewards business travelers for cost-sensitive behavior. It’s a win-win: companies save, while employees cash in with real rewards.
We’re looking for the right person to help shape some of the most important aspects of Rocketrip. You’ll bridge the creative, technical, and business worlds to help define a vision and strategy to meet our company objectives and to continue making both employees and travel administrators excited about how they manage business travel.
You’ll work with Rocketrippers from Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Account Management, to name a few. It’s essential that you love interfacing with customers and believe that the success of the product is tied back to how awesome we make each and every user feel. Finally, you have a bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive the definition of the product’s roadmap.
- Eat, sleep, and breathe the corporate and consumer travel industry, travel trends and user behaviors. Know the competition. Identify the whitespace. Become a subject matter expert.
- Be instrumental in helping define the product vision and strategy based on multiple inputs. You will sit at the intersection of corporate strategy, customer feedback, sales needs, and engineering resources.
- Work directly with the engineering / product team to drive product strategy from conceptualization through launch, creating work streams and tactics towards a strategic product roadmap.
- Manage work-streams across the value chain from growth and client success to data analytics, customer acquisition, and core external partnerships.
- Define and manage the product roadmap, setting expectations with all relevant stakeholders.
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the organization’s ability to meet its strategic, financial, and technical goals.
- Leverage data/analytics to make decisions, but know how to make the call when all the data isn’t there.
- 5+ years work experience in product management of consumer or enterprise Internet products and technologies.
- A practitioner of Agile and Lean software development methodologies and project management.
- Knowledgeable across multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, UI, sales, customer support, finance or marketing.
- Prior experience in a senior product role at a product company, preferably one with both employee and administrator touch-points.
- Strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision-making.
- Travel domain expertise is definitely a nice to have.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Product management or design experience with a focus on software products and technologies that are SaaS and/or consumer-driven.
- Previous experience working on product at a fast-growing startup.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on user feedback, research, data, and industry trends.