Since its founding in 2004, Rapha has continually made an outsized impact in road cycling and digital commerce – with over tens of millions of visitors per year browsing, shopping, and engaging with our renowned cycling content and products. With the resurgence of cycling, and given our strong business performance, we are doubling-down on our digital ambitions, and as a Senior Product Owner you’ll be involved in bringing our business strategies to fruition, working across a wide variety of initiatives.
The ideal candidate for the role will have a track record of success in Product Management or Product Ownership in any combination (ideally all) of the customer / business / technology domains.
- Accountable for the clarity and underlying prioritisation of your roadmap, engaging with other teams to solve problems aligned with Rapha’s business strategy.
- Work on complex journeys and processes across digital and physical, and be a trusted partner to stakeholders of every level.
- Directly collaborate with engineering peers to achieve progress and demonstrate impact. This is about forging a meaningful, real partnership with counterparts in engineering just as you would any other stakeholder – ensuring everyone starts and finishes together.
- Shapes and communicates their roadmap with the Lead Product Owner.
- Assist with production troubleshooting and problem resolution as needed.
- Directly collaborate with a cross-functional team to break down complex problems into deliverable areas of work, writing succinct user stories and supporting the team to collectively own the end to end including documentation.
- Fully participate in retrospectives, backlog governance, and stakeholder meetings.
- Provide concise business context to the cross-functional team, allowing them to explore creative solutions while ensuring value realisation at pace.
- Where appropriate, partner with our digital design team to ensure every part of our digital experience is in keeping with our brand guidelines.
- Lead reviews of work with the teams to articulate wins and opportunities for the future.
- Rigorously approaches problems with a “time to learning” approach, knowing that feature development is just one option alongside lean / experimentation methodologies.
- Leans on the Lead Product Owner where trade-offs between roadmaps / delivery plans present obstacles.
- Provide clarity of updates around delivery where necessary, but not accountable for the planning and resourcing of delivery.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualities:
- A digital and retail native with extensive knowledge and demonstrable experience of direct to consumer needs and problems.
- An eye for detail at every stage of product evolution and lifecycle.
- Previous product ownership experience and a proven track record of unlocking value in the digital domain.
- Demonstrable experience working hands-on with developers – not necessarily technical, but versed in engaging in the technical domain.
- Strong communication skills, managing and influencing internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Eagerness to validate decisions by speaking directly with customers and stakeholders, perhaps using lean methodologies to validate early and often
- Experience in preparing succinct user stories
Able to ruthlessly prioritise their product backlogs optimising for learning, and continuous value to Rapha.
- Understanding of interaction design and usability desirable for experiential work.
- Desire and ability to collaborate with a varied range of business departments
- Experience of working on a large capability change for an eCommerce site, eg, implementing or switching ecommerce platforms, CMS, payments, etc
- Proven experience of working with experimentation (ie, using MVT, A/B testing for conversion rate optimisation)
Working at Rapha
We are continuously looking into ways to invest in our employees and build a better working culture and environment. Here are just some of the internal benefits we offer.
- Flexible working hours
- Support ad-hoc remote working during the week
- No meeting Fridays – giving you time back for things like personal development
- Free barista coffee and Friday afternoon social drinks in the office
- Monthly department social events and quarterly office social away days
- We offer a flexible riding benefit to allow you to go out riding on a Wednesday morning with colleagues or learn to cycle to cycling through our Getting Started Scheme.
- We offer all our employees a 50% apparel discount
- An annual clothing allowance
- Discounted membership to the Rapha Cycling Club
- Company Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Parental Leave
At Rapha, we welcome candidates from all backgrounds. We are always working to create an environment that is focused on equality, inclusion, empowerment and respect.
As part of our continued commitments to diversity, equity and inclusion, we would like to invite you to answer a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to answer, the responses will only be used to help us identify areas for improvement in our hiring process and to measure our efforts to recruit diverse and under-represented talent. Your responses, or your choice not to respond, won’t be associated with your specific application and won’t in any way be used in the hiring decision.