At EBSCO Information Services (EIS) we’re helping to build a vibrant ecosystem to advance research, teaching and learning. We seek a Product Manager (PM) with strong business acumen and technical savvy to become a primary resident product expert for a subset of our SaaS products and understand how those products fit into EIS’s overarching product strategy. The PM will collaborate with industry experts to define, deliver, and roll-out new products / services, and enhancements to existing products, to maximize impact for libraries served by EIS worldwide. They will drive activities and initiatives to grow revenue, adoption, and impact of the EBSCO SaaS product line. The Product Manager is a highly collaborative individual that builds and leverages a network of productive work relationships across the business to create a shared purpose and to bring the product vision to life.
Planning and Delivery (pre-launch activities)
- Conduct competitive / industry analysis and organize findings.
- Analyze previously-reports customer issues and Enhancement
- Requests to understand market needs and organize/categorize them.
- Work with business initiative owners to define their vision and business requirements as a set of well-written features describing market problems and target-state solutions which have clear acceptance criteria.
- Engage with User Experience (UX) Research ad UX Designer team to collaborate on UX solutions, informed by customer and user research/feedback to validate both the problem space and solution design.
- Collaborate with software architects and Product Owners (PO’s) to ensure the necessary technical capabilities are in place on which to build high performing, secure, and extensible software features.
- Provide detailed scenarios to enable the PO/agile development teams to better understand the intent of features from the perspective of the market problem being solved/user persona needs.
- Serve as the point-person on those features throughout the development lifecycle, as a customer/end-user proxy to agile development teams working on features.
- Ensure successful high-quality release of features that deliver functionality meeting customer needs.
- Testing of Features and clearly describe any unexpected results to enable remediation by development team.
- Proactively communicate progress, decisions, impediments, and risks during ongoing product development iterations.
- Become the preeminent subject matter expert for certain EIS SaaS products, managing communications and relationships with diverse stakeholders across the organization to facilitate the best possible business outcomes.
Launch Management / GTM activities
- Lead and facilitate meetings with key stakeholder groups including Product Management, Marketing, Client Services, and Sales to gain internal alignment on Go-to-market (GTM) program development.
- Create and maintain customer and end-user value proposition materials, customer-facing product presentations and content for marketing collateral.
- Work with cross-functional teams to define Product roll-out strategies and detailed plans, define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure effectiveness/impact, and lead the execution of client adoption.
- Document system functionality to enable customer Beta testing and to assist with customer-facing Marketing and Training materials.
- Collaborate with sales and customer operations / support teams to ensure feature launch activities are completed in a timely manner.
Adoption & Impact (Post-launch activities)
- Usage metrics / Analytics – Manage data analysis related to customer product usage and mapping to product delivery roadmaps and business goals / KPI’s. Generate recurring reports, derive insights on usage based on reviewing telemetry metrics, identify gaps in current metrics (development enhancements) that will help us derive improved insights on usage.
- Customer engagement tracking – maintain a tracker / inventory of Customers for adoption tracking and conduct proactive reach-outs, coordinate with Sales to establish a communication channel with customers to enable their adoption, assist them with promoting adoption among their users.
- Market Feedback tracking – maintain a tracker / inventory of Customer-generated and User-generated feedback. Troubleshoot/triage service issues reported by customers and end-users (internal and external). Determine pervasiveness and impact of market-driven issues and map those to product roadmap. Organize feedback to drive product priorities and inform adoption plans.
Skills or experience that you need
- 1-2+ years experience as a Product Manager or similar technical, customer-facing role required.
- 1-2+ years working in lean-agile software development environment.
- 1-2+ years’ experience gathering, organizing and evaluating information or data as input from stakeholders to determine requirements and specifications.
Skills or experience that sets you apart
- Familiarity with the Pragmatic Marketing Framework
- Experience in the use of a variety of business analysis tools and techniques to aid in the breakdown of large chunks of work, elicit requirements, or make decisions
- Can derive actionable insights from customer usage data
- A history of mentoring and coaching peers and junior team members in a software development environment.
- A track record of highlighting difficult, systemic problems and working with others to define and implement effective solutions
- Leadership and coaching skills; ability to successfully improve team performance through exemplary conduct, emotional intelligence, and non-intrusive teaching.
- Experience with software development in AWS
- Master’s in Library and Information Science or Computer Science