Note: This is currently a work-from-home position due to COVID-19. Candidates will be considered from all US locations with preference to Portland, Oregon-area candidates anticipating a return-to-office in late fall 2021. Interviews will be conducted primarily via video conference; a final interview will be conducted with a small group in a safe, socially distanced environment.
Are you excited to work on one of the most important global issues of our time? Are you passionate about fixing our broken food system and making a measurable difference in the battle against wasted food? Do you love working on both hardware AND software solutions? Does working on a small team with the ability to influence direction and drive innovation sound exciting?
Leanpath has a unique, patented set of hardware that we have deployed globally in the fight against food waste. Our “Trackers” are custom designed devices that connect to a variety of scales and sensors. They transmit data from the kitchen to the Cloud, where it’s converted into a number of insights and reports which help our customers make better decisions in the way that they prepare and serve food.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Product Manager with a passion for both software and hardware to join our product team. The product manager will be responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product life cycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision and roadmap, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and retention goals are met.
Essential Functions of this Role:
- Map product strategy to strategic business goals
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Create buy-in for the product vision with both internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with software and hardware engineering teams to deliver high quality product features efficiently
- Drive new product launches working with marketing and customer success colleagues
- Continuously evaluate the competitive landscape to respond to market signals
- Get hands on with our products and with our customers
- Support validation of new features and functionality as they are developed
- Deliver on product goals via rapid and high-quality execution
- Bachelor’s degree (MS/BS in Engineering or Computer Science preferred).
- 2+ years of experience in product management role(s).
- Demonstrated ability to consistently ship high-quality product features. Preference is given to those who have worked with an integrated hardware solution.
- SaaS product management experience is a plus.
- Experience leading a product release process for a physical product is a plus.
- Experience in deploying and maintaining hardware/software products globally, including managing localization, compliance and certification requirements is a plus.
- Demonstrable experience managing complete release cycles
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with hardware products that use sensors to capture data is a plus
- Proven ability to develop product strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to management
- Solid technical background with understanding and hands-on experience
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent communication, listening and writing skills
More about Leanpath & Our Team
Founded in 2004, we created the food waste measurement & technology industry. We’ve been recognized by our customers and the industry with awards including vendor and support team of the year awards from client partners Google and Sodexo, “Sustainability Initiative of the Year” award from Food Matters Live, and the “Technology for Good” award from the Global Good Awards UK, among others.
Our team is connected through our core values, which are woven into our culture: drive and productivity, excellence, equity, humility, kindness and inclusion, and teamwork. We believe that diversity of team members and diversity of experiences makes us stronger. We support one another in becoming our best selves, and bringing our whole selves to work. We actively seek out the best talent, regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religious background, gender or gender identity, or sexual orientation.