In Education, we aim to ensure all young people have the knowledge, skills, habits, and agency they need to thrive in an ever changing world. Through grantmaking, impact investments and research and engineering we are partnering with students, educators, and parents to build and support tools and programs that make it easier to apply the science behind how people learn and develop to education. In this role you’ll lead product marketing for Along, a product that helps teachers and students develop and strengthen one-on-one relationships. We’ve built this product in partnership with a non-profit, Gradient Learning, who helps ensure we keep educator and student voices at the center of what we build. With Along, our goal is to help every student feel seen and understood by a trusted teacher.
This is a multi-dimensional role requiring a leader who can drive both strategy and execution while leading a cross-functional team towards a clear North Star. They will work closely with Product, Design, Research, Communications, and other teams to define strategy and go-to-market for key feature launches, and work to build brand affinity and awareness through integrated marketing campaigns. They are highly strategic, analytical, collaborative, and have a successful track record of launching and scaling consumer products with a strong outcomes-focus. They also have a track record of developing people alongside products.
- Work across Product, Research, Data Science, and other teams to generate compelling quantitative, qualitative, and competitive insights that guide product development
- Build strong product positioning and clear narratives for established and new features.
- Align cross-functional go-to-market teams on central messaging/narratives and GTM strategy
- Ensure clarity, consistency, and cohesion across the end-to-end user experience
- Drive go-to-market strategy and plans working closely with cross-functional teams to determine effective launch strategy and communications sequencing
- Develop integrated marketing campaigns and programs built on brand vision and positioning to drive consumer awareness, adoption and long term engagement
- Understand the competitive landscape and Along’s unique differentiators in the space to help define long term product/brand strategy
- Tackle complex challenges with a strategic mindset and create thoughtful recommendations and action plans for solving them with product and cross-functional leadership
- 4-5 or more years of experience with team leadership, cross-functional team leadership, thought leadership, or team management
- 8-10 or more years of experience with consumer products or product marketing
- Experience developing and driving rigorous and disciplined online and offline marketing campaigns
- Experience motivating and challenging teams and individuals at all levels of an organization, both directly and cross-functionally
- Depth of expertise in growing consumer products through sustained engagement and acquisition
- Understanding of ed tech landscape in the U.S