PEI requires a junior-level product manager to help support efforts in driving growth for existing and new subscription data & information, events and related membership products.
Our global B2B product portfolio includes 14 distinct brands focused on various financial market segments and an array of associated event and membership products.
The Junior Product Manager’s main responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with the product team to define sprint goals and releases, with particular focus on managing the digital product development backlog for existing products and platforms, including support/bugs and tech debt items.
- Working with our developers in an agile/scrum environment to deliver quality features and products within the expected timeline, including testing/assisting QAs as required.
- Helping to manage relationships with internal teams as well as with external engineering partners or third-party consultants.
- Experience working in an agile / scrum environment.
- Experience in assessing value to ensure work focuses on items with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy – and tracking results.
- Web app or software development experience, preferably with B2B or subscriptions-based products.
- Experience working with remote/distributed teams.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships with cross-functional teams and stakeholders of varying seniority levels.
- Familiarity with industry standard tools like Jira to manage a backlog and produce relevant reports.
- Thorough understanding of how to write user stories using INVEST criteria and group features into epics.
- Successful track record of developing products to deadlines and budgets.
- Experience with a definition of minimum marketable features / minimum viable products.
- Action-oriented, enthusiastic, analytical, organised and customer-centric.
- A willingness to learn and ambition to grow your skills and capabilities.
Full-time UK employees are entitled to 25 days of annual leave + the eight public holidays. PEI offers all permanent employees (ie, employees who have successfully passed their probation period), an option to flex their holidays up or down by three days to suit their needs. Please note, this is not about selling back unused allowance for the current year, but rather planning for the year ahead
PEI considers it is important to encourage people to save for their retirement. PEI partners with Standard Life to offer you a Company Pension scheme for which you will become eligible once you have successfully passed your probation period. The plan is co-funded by the Company (PEI contribution of equivalent of 4.5% of salary) and a contribution from you of 4.5%.
Private Medical Insurance
Upon the successful completion of your probation period, you will be eligible to join the PEI Private Medical Insurance via BUPA. This is a free benefit to you, but it is taxable. More information will be available on the scheme details during employment.
Salary Sacrifice Schemes
Upon the successful completion of your probation period, you will be eligible to benefit from other salary sacrifice schemes, such as a season ticket loan and a Cycle to Work scheme
PEI offers a tenure-based enhanced parental leave policy for all UK based employees. More information on this scheme can be obtained from the HR team.
Learning and Development Opportunities
PEI takes a bespoke approach to learning and development opportunities. We believe that everyone’s needs are different but are very happy to review your ambitions and development areas with you on an individual basis. There are some schemes within PEI to help employees reach their full potential with a mixture of in-house, classroom and paid-for training. More information about which can be sourced from the HR team.
We strive to ensure that opportunities to work and develop at PEI Media are fair, inclusive, and open to all. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other equality characteristic
PEI Media supports flexible working arrangements, and we welcome career returners.