At IIN, our goal is simple: to attract and retain a workplace that includes a diverse group of talented people who come together to play a crucial role in improving health and happiness for everyone. In order to achieve this, we hire the best individuals from all different backgrounds and experiences. Our commitment goes beyond a diverse and inclusive workforce; we are also committed to diversity in our curriculum and teachings as well. We feel it enriches the experience for all of our students and the community and in turn creates the ripple effect that transforms the world!
We are the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN) and we pioneered the Health Coaching profession! As a rapidly growing wellness platform IIN focuses on “what feeds you” in life; mind, body and career. What started as a small classroom of passionate students in a live setting in 1992, IIN is now world-renowned for its online Health Coach Training Program and other leading-edge programs on the most current and important topics in health and wellness. With a monthly audience of 2 million+ wellness seekers, over 110,000 graduates in over 175 countries worldwide, we are the undisputed leader in the field of Integrative Nutrition education, information and health coaching tools. IIN Health coaches, first learn to coach themselves then, mentor and guide clients towards nutritional and lifestyle changes to help them reach their personal health goals. We are headquartered in New York City and offer students access to a rich diversity of leading instructors committed to improving global wellness through education and prevention.
As a Product Manager at IIN, you are a critical part in defining product strategy, feature sets, requirements, user interviews, trainings, and all other concerns related to driving product development.
The ideal candidate should have experience in working with Agile methodologies and working with cross functional teams including UX, UI, and Development teams. The ideal candidate will also have deep understanding of “data driven product decision making”, and be fluent working with metrics, and research.
- Elicit product business requirements and articulate them as initiatives, epics, and features
- Help refine the requirements through storyboarding and stakeholder interviews
- Gather user feedback, analyze analytic data, and objective metrics to inform your product backlog, features and priority
- Drive requirements analysis and prioritization alongside cross functional groups
- Direct development activities, manage, maintain, and clarify business requirements, and support test case development
- Actively refine and prioritize your backlog items, and in some cases with other Product Managers
- Work with system developers, test teams, project managers, and end users to ensure proposed solution is delivered according to schedule and with the required functionality
- Communicate project and product progress to broad audiences
Required Skills & Abilities:
- A minimum of 4 years of Product experience overseeing multiple release cycles
- Working experience with 3rd party service vendors
- Working experience with “Mobile First Design”
- Experience using JIRA or other Agile project management tools such as Trello
- Familiarity with both Software Development Lifecycle and Agile principles, approaches and techniques
- Experience with software testing standards, practices, methods, and tools
- Excellent time-management skills with ability to meet manage deadlines
- Can self-manage and prioritize across multiple projects/deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills; can give and receive constructive feedback
- Flexible and able to adapt with a positive attitude
- Can present complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Past experience in EdTech or FinTech
- Familiarity with working with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Experience in writing documentation within Atlassian suite, or similar
- Experience with diagraming software