Product Development Executive (Commissioning Editor)
To take responsibility for the processes of delivery and development of business critical content to ensure revenue and growth targets for RICS Knowledge Business are achieved.
Key Achievements & Responsibilities:
- To commission market-led new online content in consultation with Customers, Editorial Boards and colleagues
- To work under own initiative and in consultation with colleagues to ensure that budgeted products and commissioned content are delivered on time and to specification.
- To monitor the scheduling and development of products and content in consultation with the Digital Content team in order to ensure swift and effective deployment
- To collaborate with the Marketing team in the production of marketing plans and campaigns
- To ensure that publishing contracts are drafted, signed and circulated
- To contribute to the further development of the publishing strategy.
Market and customer research
- To conduct regular market research
- To gather regular feedback from customers
- To analyse market research and product testing, including software
- To analyse the activities of competitors, including software
- To liaise with editors and marketers on the development and promotion of products in conjunction with the Head of Practitioner Products
- To negotiate publishing agreements, in line with precedents and financial parameters. To contribute to the pricing of products and to sales targets.
- To analyse product sales and suggest remedial action where necessary.
- To foster excellent working relationships with colleagues within RICS
- To develop excellent working relationships with authors, contributors and customers
- To be an ambassador for both RICS and the Information Products Group within RICS and at external events and meetings.
Work Experience required:
- At least one year of full-time content development and commissioning experience in a professional information/publishing company, ideally covering digital and subscription products
- Experience of working in a commercial environment/commercial acumen essential
- Market research and customer insight experience desirable
- An outgoing personality, goal oriented and a can-do attitude essential
- Strong project management and organising skills
- Familiarity with standard publishing contracts
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- High standard of written and spoken English
- Excellent telephone manner and networking skills
- Proven ability to build successful and productive working relationship with industry professionals and other stakeholders
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Works well in a team by demonstrating a willingness and ability to co-operate on project delivery; by striving to achieve win-win solutions when disputes arise and by contributing ideas and fair share of work output to the success of the team’s projects
- Ability to demonstrate a can-do, enthusiastic attitude by responding positively to new ideas, people and processes, by contributing well thought-through opinions and ideas, by employing a balanced communication style
- Is able to motivate him/herself by identifying own preferred ways of working and recognition; by raising areas for concern and problems in a constructive way with the people concerned, by taking responsibility for own career development and training needs in consultation with their manager Must have a solutions focused approach to dealing with problems.
Salary: GBP 27,000 – GBP 30,000
We are committed to your wellbeing and offer competitive health benefits (dependant on local market):
Private medical insurance (UK only currently)
Disability income protection | Income protection claims guide (UK only currently)
Employee assistance programme
Cycle to Work (UK only)
Eye care vouchers
Annual Flu vaccination (UK only currently)
We also offer a number of other benefits; however, these are currently only available for UK employees. These include:
Season Ticket Loan
Give As You Earn
Benefits Plus gives UK-based staff discounts from some of the world’s biggest brands. We cherry-pick deals so that you can be safe in the knowledge that you’re receiving the most competitive offer possible.