Location: The role is currently based working from home, however Domestic & General are committed to a hybrid way of working and as we open our offices soon, we will be moving to this. When we move to hybrid working the expectations will be to work 1-2 days per week in the office (however this may vary throughout the year).
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full time (35 hours per week)
Domestic & General’s purpose is to keep our customer’s world running by delivering an essential service that never lets them down. We are on an exciting journey, transforming our business in line with the Group’s Strategy outlined in an ambitious five-year plan.
Today, we are the UK’s leading provider of appliance breakdown protection, and it is our mission to transfer this success into the International market by developing our products and services to meet the needs of our customers across multiple markets.
Are you an experienced Product Manager looking for a role where you can make a real impact and progress your career within the service industry?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Product Manager/Owner to join our International team at D&G. Reporting to the Head of Product, you will use data and customer insight to help launch new products and improve existing ones using a test-and-learn/quick prototyping methodology. You will be working alongside underwriting, operations, marketing, and service teams to develop products.
About the role:
- Design and build customer facing products and platforms, identifying areas of opportunity across all customer interactions.
- Manage the product development roadmap and plan product releases and go-to-market strategy.
- Conduct market, customer, and competitor research to enable continuous improvement of our subscriptions’ product portfolio.
- Update the team on market developments and trends such as InsurTech activities, attending conferences and seminars.
- Ensure customer value is maintained throughout the product lifecycle and that customers are aware of the features and benefits of the products.
- Coordinate pilot implementations and test under “sandbox” framework, tracking results, analysing data and making suggestion for strategy optimisation.
- Work together with the Marketing team to develop sales and channel training materials.
- Gather feedback from local sales teams and assign stories for their products, helping them achieve business objectives.
- Own the digital sales channels directly and coordinate with operations to support sales through our contact centres.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- An enthusiasm for designing innovative product propositions.
- A relentless curiosity – comfortable inquiring hard data, but also being imaginative and finding completely new solutions.
- Prior experience in a similar role, with an understanding of product development and implementation.
- Prior experience in insurance or broadly, financial services is highly desirable.
- Experience in project planning with strong coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong relationship building skills. Able to interact with stakeholders at different seniority levels.
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to influence key stakeholders.
- International experience and additional languages would be desirable, however not essential.
- Data analysis experience.
- Experience in using data visualisation and analysis tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Looker or similar).
In return, we offer:
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus
- Flexible working, offering a hybrid way of working
- 25 days annual leave plus bank/public holidays, as well as an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Training opportunities as well as clearly defined career progression
- Health cash plan – employer funded cover to enable you to claim money back on essential healthcare costs, including dental, optical, physiotherapy and many more. Cover also includes unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP service
- Attractive company pension scheme
- Life assurance – employer funded cover of 4x basic salary
- Dedicated online benefit portal offering access to saving and lending facilities, financial wellbeing and support services:
- Salary Finance – access to savings and borrowing through payroll
- Car Leasing – access to a carbon neutral salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, with an all-inclusive monthly cost covering all charge, taxes, insurance, repairs and maintenance on a range of brand new vehicles
- Travel Loans – interest free loans to help spread the cost of annual travel tickets
- Cycle to Work – tax efficient bike and cycling equipment worth up to £1,000
- Health & Wellbeing – discounted gym membership, online virtual workout sessions, online culinary classes
- Employee Assistance Programme – specialist advice and support on issues such as finance, relationships, illness and family issues
- Free Domestic & General protection plan – one free plan each year with access to discounted rates of up to 50% on additional plans, including referrals for family and friends
- Employee discounts – access to discounted Sky TV and broadband packages, together with a range of discounts for 100s of online and high street retailers
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We view all applications equally, regardless of gender, colour, ethnic background, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. We also have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
For over a hundred years, Domestic & General have been a trusted provider of aftercare for millions of domestic appliances. Today, we’re the UK’s leading provider of appliance breakdown protection, developing products and services to meet your needs.
We provide protection, maintenance and support for a broad range of domestic products and consumer electronics, ranging from televisions to washing machines to boilers.
We look after 23.9 million products and, through our expert service network, we repair or replace 2.9 million appliances every year*.
It’s our mission to keep your world running by delivering a service that never lets you down.