Private equity funds have long been one of the most attractive investment opportunities, outperforming public market benchmarks, like the S&P 500. But these funds have also been difficult or impossible to access, especially for individuals. Onerous paperwork, high investment minimums (~€10m) and difficulty picking a fund have all been hurdles that kept individuals out. Access has always been dominated by institutions or a select few. Enter Moonfare.
Moonfare is revolutionising access to private equity using a fully digital platform that provides qualified investors access to selectively vetted top-performing funds within 15 minutes and at minimums as low as €50,000. Moonfare provides investors with innovative reporting and the potential to trade their stakes in funds using our Secondary Market. We are introducing never before seen transparency and liquidity to private equity, and with our ongoing expansion across key markets in Europe and Asia, we are enabling investors around the world to reach further.
The Moonfare team brings together individuals with a wealth of different backgrounds, from leading investment and private banks and private equity fund managers to disruptive tech startups, leading newspapers and top law firms. Moonfarians strive to keep growing and want to challenge the status quo while working as a team to deliver innovative solutions and the Moonfare vision.
About the role
User-experience is core to Moonfare being the leading platform for enabling individuals and their advisors to invest in private equity. The team is dedicated to ensuring that each feature we develop is intuitive, efficient and reflects our company brand. As a Product Designer you will work in partnership with the Product and Engineering teams to translate our user needs into a reality. From discovery to delivery you will influence the entire experience rather than single screens or features. You will operate in a safe space for creativity whilst working with a team that is open to ideas and change.
- Partner with product, engineering and other stakeholders to ensure we deliver a best in class investment experience to our users.
- Apply your craft at all stages of Product Development, having ownership from discovery through to delivery.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to build empathy for our users. Understand their wants and needs and build a product that you and our users are proud of.
- Participate in your team rituals to continuously improve the Moonfare design workflow and quality.
- Help us define design at Moonfare and see tangible change around you from your influence within the team.
The next Moonfarian
- You’re passionate about the whole design process. From the technical architecture to the final interface.
- You’re an advocate of user-centricity. You have a strong understanding of the user-centered approach between Design, Content, Product, and Engineering teams.
- You’ve shipped products. You’ve weathered release cycles and know what details matter at each stage, how to work with different functions, how to translate insights from user studies into meaningful action, and what’s most likely to go afoul at each stage. You can share shining examples of real work you’ve shipped, and what you learned along the way.
- You substantially contribute to defining the ‘what’ as well as the ‘how’. You thrive best when helping to define the requirements, not just translating them into designs. You facilitate and draw the best design ideas from teammates and critique your own solutions.
- You know how to address the right problems with the right solutions. You know how to validate your assumptions with user research and test your own prototypes.
- Cross-platform is your style. Hopefully, you’ve shipped something across several platforms. You know what translates from desktop and what doesn’t.
- You have a strong portfolio. Your solutions are not only elegant and unique but you can demonstrate a well-structured, iterative design process.
Invest in Yourself:
- Ownership: All team members are empowered to bring ideas, make decisions and have impact. Participate in our equity program and share in our success.
- Transparency: Everyone at Moonfare is regularly updated on strategic progress, KPI tracking, product updates and changes.
- Growth: Not only will you grow in your role, you also have access to an individual growth budget of €1,500 or 2% of base salary (whichever is higher).
- Flexibility: Work on your terms, by leveraging our hybrid-office arrangement. No minimums or maximums.
- Diversity: Our Diversity Committee ensures we hold ourselves accountable and continuously improve our D&I initiatives.
We understand the important role that diversity plays in our success. Different backgrounds, experiences and ideas push us further and raise the bar. We’re committed to developing an inclusive and safe culture where everyone — regardless of colour, race, religion, sex, origin, sexuality, disability, marital status, citizenship or gender identity — knows that they are an integral part of the team and can bring their full potential to their work.