Stream is hiring for a Senior Product Manager to manage its suite of Moderation tools across all products. For this role, we’re hiring in Amsterdam, Boulder or remote.
Stream’s APIs for activity feeds and chat are used by over a billion end users. Our team is passionate about tackling difficult tech problems at scale and creating reusable components for them that allow product owners to ship apps faster, more securely, and with better user experiences.
The backend technology is based on Go, RocksDB & Raft. We’re currently one of the fastest-growing startups in Colorado and Amsterdam.
What You Will Do
- Own moderation features for Stream’s chat and feeds products.
- Drive customer discovery through interviews and other communication to understand the problems customers need to solve
- Collaborate with your engineering and design partners to produce the best software solutions to customer problems
- Own and communicate the “why” managing the backlog, roadmap, and prioritization for your area of responsibility
- Work cross-functionally across all departments to manage stakeholder expectations, communicate and coordinate releases, and facilitate the software development process through clear communication and a structured, lightweight, process
Who You Are
You entered product management through customer success or account management and are comfortable working on developer-facing products. You are relentless in your pursuit of “why” when talking to customers, and champion that understanding of what customers need not just with your development team, but throughout the entire company, driving alignment and clarity for what to build, who will use it, and how to sell it.
- Experience working with Machine Learning solutions, and have tactics in your toolbox for validating that ML models are accomplishing what they were designed to do.
- A passion for conducting scrappy customer discovery, digging deep not just into the features they want, but the problems they have, and what an effective solution would accomplish
- Experience leading scrum teams, facilitating ceremonies, and unblocking developers
- The humility to welcome feedback from any and all stakeholders
Who We Are
Stream has a casual, social, and spirited culture. We are talented, highly technical, and collaborative which makes Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills. Our team is forward-thinking and diverse and we all have different backgrounds which lends to our creativity and innovation. With offices in Boulder and Amsterdam, our employees represent 15 countries, 11 languages, and counting.
Our team is passionate about tackling difficult tech problems at scale by creating reusable components that allow product owners to ship apps faster, more securely, and with a better user experience. Our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality; Our goal is to produce deliverable software.
What’s In It For You
- 3+ weeks of paid time off plus 10 paid holidays
- Free health insurance for the employee and a discounted rate for dependents
- 401k contribution plan
- 100% paid parental leave
- Company equity
- Dog friendly office!
- Be part of a smart, high performing, passionate team
- A Macbook Pro and a work-from-home stipend
- Team lunches and plenty of snacks
- An office on Pearl Street in downtown Boulder
- Company equity
- 28 days paid time off plus paid Dutch holidays
- A pension scheme
- A generous Learning and Development budget
- A generous relocation package
- Commute expenses to Amsterdam covered (or the option to use a company bike within the city)
- Gym membership of choice covered
- MacBook Pro or another development setup
- Healthy team lunches and plenty of snacks (onsite only)
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam
Salary (for Colorado only): Our salary ranges are based on national averages. We have wide ranges so we can be flexible and determine compensation based on a number of factors including the candidate’s skills, level of experience, and location (which can be in the US or a remote location that aligns with a US time zone). For Colorado-based candidates, the salary range for this position is $120-$160k. Compensation at all other locations will be based on the factors as stated above.
Stream provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.