The role in a nutshell:
As we continue to shake up the investment world, Nutmeg is looking for smart, curious people with strong experience in product development who are passionate about building fantastic online and mobile investment solutions.
Your main responsibilities will revolve around managing one of Nutmeg’s products and becoming an expert on the customer needs, commercial outcomes and market landscape. You’ll be in charge of identifying future product opportunities that are in line with our strategy and goals. You’ll be a key link between Commercial, Operations, Engineering and other teams within Nutmeg. You’ll be in charge of driving the successful execution of your projects as well as monitoring the impact of once in production.
Nutmeg’s Product Managers are Agile Product Owners / Managers. While there are other similarly named positions in financial companies, the nature of this role is more focused on managing software products. To be successful you must have experience managing software development in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Become the voice of the customer – be an expert on quantitative and qualitative insights
- Take responsibility for the product backlog for your assigned products and define the right priorities
- Involve critical stakeholders in the planning of new projects, including Compliance
- Create requirements documentation, use cases and acceptance criteria for new product features
- Regularly communicate team status and key milestone achievements
- Constantly seek to improve processes and eliminate outdated practices and processes
- Support and motivate the Engineering teams with clear and achievable deliverables
- Remove the noise from Engineering, do everything possible to keep them focused
- Participate in daily stand-ups, planning meetings, retrospectives
- Balance business and technical objectives and translate these as clear priorities for the Engineering team
- Be the glue among departments, translating ideas & concepts into technical or layman’s terms
- Demonstrate solutions to key stakeholders where required
What we’re looking for:
- Passion to solve challenging problems
- Proven experience working in an agile environment, working in short timeframes
- 5+ years of product management experience, preferably in a tech start-up or small company. Previous experience in Fintech is a plus
- Alternatively, track record of working with software engineers to create great things
- 1-2 years of mobile product management experience are a plus
- Proven ability to get things done and remove blockers
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication
- Effective stakeholder wrangling
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to thrive on uncertainty
- The ideal candidate should have a strong idea about how Nutmeg can empower an entire nation of people to establish great financial habits
Bachelors Degree in Business, Economics, Maths, Engineering or Computer Science field. Masters degree is a plus.
Competitive according to previous experience and seniority.