Nexus Mods is an Alexa Top 1000 website with a user base of over 28 million users and serving over 1.5 billion pageviews a year. Based in the heart of Southernhay, Exeter – we are a computer game loving collaborative team solving large scale challenges with the latest technology. Working on such a popular site can be demanding, but rewarding, with a user base that is very loyal and very vocal!
We’re looking for a Product Designer with attention to detail and who understands design is in equal parts form and function. You will be the second designer joining the team who will be working closely with engineering, product and other areas of the business to help make our product more intuitive and delightful to use. In this role, you will put our users first and articulate their design decisions.
At Nexus Mods the most important thing is that you bring a problem solving mindset and a positive attitude to the team. In this role we also expect you to be self-driven and able to deliver results whilst performing the usual roles expected of a Product Designer.
- Work through design problems from beginning to end, translating insights from research and analytics into concepts that form new products and features, and designing the detailed workflows and interactions required to make them a reality.
- Collaborate with others across the organisation to raise the quality bar and continuously improve Nexus Mods’ design processes, principles, and tooling.
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly assess their viability, and design the fine-grained details of components, interactions, and transitions.
- Work closely with engineers as you build, iterate on, and ship ideas.
- Working with our community team for visuals that may be required for branding, competitions, etc.
- Participating in team meetings and keeping track of your workflow using project management tools.
- Working with everyone at Nexus Mods to shape the future of our platform.
- Share your work in regular design critiques with the Design Lead
This role will involve all of the following parts, so we would expect you to demonstrate experience in these areas in a resume or portfolio of previous work:
- 3+ years relevant Product Design experience working in a team.
- Bringing a design through all of the design stages including concept, wireframing and user testing through to full production delivery.
- Ability to design polished, high-fidelity mockups of your solutions using modern design tools such as Figma and Sketch.
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products that solve real problems, and that people use.
- Familiar with building and thinking in design systems
- Good communication skills to help people across the company understand the rationale behind your proposals, and the complex nuances of design problems.
- Motivated self-starter who can deeply collaborate with other disciplines including product management, engineering and community managers.
- A growth mindset. Willingness to own problems. Comfort with ambiguity. A desire to make things better. A balanced sense of optimism and humility.
Due to the popularity of the site we try to work with the latest technology. If you are interested or excited by the latest advances in software and technology then you’ll love working for us. We have a strong focus on researching new and upcoming tech and are always keen to explore new ways of improving the sites and services we provide through innovative means.
We are based in the heart of Exeter, less than 10 minutes walk away from Exeter Central station and 5 minutes from the main high street with all its shops, restaurants and the beautiful cathedral grounds.
- We will offer a competitive market rate salary based on experience. ( Range: £30k – £45k + bonus ).
- We offer flexible working ( 2 days per week remote + flexible hours ).
- 25 day holiday + bank holidays ( extra days at 1/3/5 years service ).
- Unlimited training budget.
- A monthly video game budget
- We have a fully stocked office fridge.
- We run regular gaming afternoons / evenings.
- We will provide high spec hardware for you to work with.
- For the right candidates we may be able to assist with relocation expenses and logistics.
Diversity and Inclusion
We celebrate diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work.
Supporting an incredible community of tens of millions of users, we thrive on engaging as many views as possible to improve our platform. We see no reason why our culture should be any different.
We undertake Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging training to be more aware of diverse views and of our own biases to make sure we don’t leave anyone feeling unheard or left behind.
So come and work for Nexus Mods, and bring that unique voice that will help us shape the biggest mod sharing platform in the world for the better.
In order to apply, you will need the right to work in the UK – we do not have the ability to sponsor a VISA at this time.
A link to your online portfolio
Your CV or LinkedIn profile
A few words about why Nexus Mods is interesting to you