onX is a pioneer in digital outdoor navigation. With offices in Missoula and Bozeman, Montana, we are inspired by the landscapes that surround us. We bring our outdoor passion to work every day with a singular goal–to awaken the adventurer in everyone. We do this by developing industry-leading technology, and by crafting dynamic outdoor experiences.
Through multiple years of growth, we haven’t lost our entrepreneurial ethos at onX. We offer a fast-paced, tech-forward environment where ownership and accountability are essential.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
onX is seeking a Product Manager responsible for defining the strategic vision, roadmap, and feature definition of the product to ensure success in the market. The role requires careful analysis and balancing of multiple inputs and feedback to determine product-market fit and prioritization including customer feedback, user conversion, engagement and retention metrics, internal feedback and ideas, competitive research and market dynamics, and company objectives and goals. The Product Manager acts as the product owner, leading a cross-functional scrum team and working directly with engineering, geospatial content, operations, UX and product design, product marketing, brand, and customer service teams to ensure alignment and product success.
The ideal candidate will have a strong customer orientation, developing and maintaining a deep understanding of customer use cases, as well as a focus on experimentation and usage data to drive decisions and prioritization. An ability to lead and influence multi-functional teams across departments is paramount to ensure product success both internally and externally.
This position will report to the Senior Product Manager of Data Automation and will be a part of our Content group. This group is made up of Geospatial Analysts and Software Engineers, working closely together to build the data platforms that power onX and ensure that onX has industry-leading map data and content to provide onX users with all the information they need to confidently adventure into the outdoors. They work on everything from ETL pipelines to geospatial editors to user-generated content tools.
Missoula, MT; Bozeman, MT; or Remote from the USA only.
(Essential Job Duties)
- Lead a cross-functional scrum team responsible for an area of the onX product suite.
- Define the vision and strategy for your product area taking into account company objectives, key stakeholder input, customer feedback and product usage, internal feedback, and competitive and market dynamics.
- Become deeply familiar with the target market, customer needs, and competitive products
- Ensure cross-functional leadership and communication across engineering, UX and product design, geospatial content, marketing, business development, and support.
- Know and understand the scrum process, acting as the product owner, and working closely with the team to improve velocity and drive incremental progress on a daily basis.
- Define and track metrics on new and existing product features, understanding ongoing engagement and usage as well as the impact on customer acquisition, conversion, and retention.
- Employ an experimentation approach to test and measure the performance of new tactics and strategies.
- Continually strive to improve the customer experience, with a focus on product quality, reliability, and performance.
- Identify and develop product partnerships in conjunction with the business development team to improve both GTM success and user adoption and conversion.
- Manage and communicate the 12-month product roadmap across the organization, ensuring alignment with engineering, UX and product design, geospatial content, marketing, sales, and customer success teams.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required
- Experience: Two (2) or more years of experience in product management, preferably at a high-growth consumer or SMB software, mobile application, or consumer internet company or consultancy
- Knowledge and experience with agile Scrum product development processes
- Entrepreneurial approach with a high tolerance for growth, change, and experimentation
- Self-starter with the ability to find solutions for unstructured problems
- Strategic thinker with the ability to put together strategic product and business plans
- Collaborative, well organized and efficient, and has a strong bias for action
- Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Business, Economics, Computer Science or Engineering
- Passion for outdoor recreation activities
- Experience with user-generated content platforms, geo-spatial data, and content management systems
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The following physical requirements represent those that are required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting – [90%]
- Standing – [0%]
- Walking – [10%]
- Bending – [Occasionally]
- Kneeling – [Some]
- Lifting – [Up to 25 pounds]
- Reaching – [Regularly]
- Telephone Use – [Yes]
- Computer Use/Manual Dexterity – Yes
- Ability to travel – Depends on location
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salary and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive medical, insurance, and wellness benefits
- Four weeks paid family leave
- 401k matching at 100% the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Company-wide outdoor adventures twice per year
- Amazing outdoor industry discounts
- Summer hours for salaried employees
onX COMPANY VALUES
Our principles guide the decisions making of our company. They define the culture at onX, what we have learned through experience and are the code by which we operate. They are fundamental, enduring and actionable–a benchmark by which we measure the team behavior and performance.
- We put the customer first.
- We are passionate.
- We win as a team.
- We take ownership.
- We work with urgency.
- We are curious and seek the truth.
- We innovate & take risks.
Position open until filled
onX is an Equal Opportunity Employer