Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 18 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 150 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we’re looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as a Head of Product.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you’ve identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Head of Product
The last year has been a transformative period for the topic of mental health. We’ve all gone on our own wellbeing journeys – for many, it has been a time of grief, loneliness, and anxiety while for others, it has been an opportunity for reflection and growth. If there is a silver lining from the last year it’s that the appreciation, education, and investment in mental health and wellbeing has been accelerated.
As a company, we have always believed that the positioning, narrative, and imagery around mental health is misrepresented. If we are going to truly break the stigma and make a lasting impact in the workplace and across broader society we need to create an experience that repositions mental health as something we all nurture on a daily basis.
We have spent the last 5 years creating the Unmind experience as a small UK startup. We are now ready to take that to the next level, making it best in class, a truly market-leading B2B experience with a B2C calibre. This is where you come in, we are looking for someone who understands the power of digital products in transforming people’s habits and who is energised to change the relationship people have, around the world, with the topic of mental health.
As the Head of Product, you will be responsible for leading an initial team of 7+ product managers and growing it to 15+ over the course of 2022, including leadership roles within the team.
You will demonstrate the product culture at Unmind through:
- Championing the value of a user-centred approach to unearth their needs and systematically evolve our product to achieve a future where everyone is able to understand and nurture their mental health on a daily basis
- Embracing the uniqueness of the human race and champion accessibility for all
- Promoting a learning mindset and not only be constantly ensuring Unmind is at the forefront of the latest product development thinking, but also constantly learning about its users & customers through continuous discovery and delivery
- Cultivating an environment of diversity, transparency and trust, where your team can feel empowered to share ideas, be challenged, and fulfil their potential
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for the role.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A successful track record as a Product Leader in a fast-growth company, leading product managers, who work in cross-functional empowered product teams
- A demonstrable talent for creating consumer-grade digital B2C experiences
- A customer-centric mindset, that is able to connect the dots between vision, strategy and business outcomes to customer success
- Experience recruiting, mentoring, coaching and managing top industry talent
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace