Are you looking to join a talented, diverse team, focused on a life-changing mission, at one of Europe’s fastest-growing tech scale-ups? If yes, then you are in the right place!
We’re one of the UK’s leading tech companies and have joined FutureFifty 8.0 and been named as one of the Top 50 Startups to work for in 2020.
At Elder, our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We are a close-knit group on a mission to fundamentally change what it means to grow old.
That starts by helping people live a healthier and happier life in their own home, with the support of a full-time live-in carer. Our unique matching technology pairs those in need with their ideal carer, based on individual requirements and personality.
But to join our team, what is it that really matters to us? Well, it matters that you’re unique. It matters that you’re great at what you do, that you put in the hard work. And, obviously, it matters you care as much as we do.
About the role
Within Elder, the Product team is responsible for leveraging technology to deliver best-in-class experiences for our carers, customers and those receiving care. We work cross-functionally with all teams within the business to understand the challenges faced and deliver effective solutions that continuously improve the Elder experience.
As our Product Manager of the Customer Lifecycle value stream you will develop a deep understanding of our customers, and leverage that understanding to improve their experiences with Elder. Your work will be highly cross-functional, bringing together stakeholders from across the business to identify opportunities and employ structured problem solving to ensure the right solution is delivered to the end-user.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Engage cross-functionally within Elder to understand the challenges faced by our customers.
- Facilitate structured discovery processes to fully understand the problems being solved and working with key stakeholders to investigate and implement solutions.
- Lead the delivery of initiatives, ensuring that everyone from developers to operations has a shared understanding of what is being delivered, when and why.
- Advocate a testing mindset, ensuring that each change made to our experiences is rigorously tested. Being comfortable with failure is as important as the ability to learn from it and feed those learnings back into the development process.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of our users and their needs, working closely with Marketing & Insights to understand the opportunities and pain points faced by carers, customers and those receiving care.
Need to have
- Incessant curiosity. We are inundated with insights and data on how our customers experience and feel about our service. A good Product Manager lives in these insights and delivers compounding value by understanding them and synthesising ways to improve the end-user experience.
- Experience in Product Management, with a demonstrable understanding of key concepts and frameworks.
- A reasonable understanding of software development, enabling ball-park estimation of initiatives when engaging with non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships across diverse stakeholder groups.
We’re a service business and we know that without the best people, we cannot build the best company which is why we treat our team very well. We can offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options (We are post-series B & backed by some of the best VC’s in Europe)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Perkbox & EAP membership
- Plenty of socials and team lunches, including virtually
- Flexibility to work from home 3-4 days a week
- Macbook + any particular extras you require
- AND a genuine opportunity to be a very key part of a high growth business
Elderly care represents one of society’s greatest challenges. Are you ready to be part of the solution? Apply today.
Elder recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status.